• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What happened to British Car Magazine?

Jagmeister

Freshman Member
Country flag
I have been away from the British car scene for several years since I sold my Series III XJ6. "Back then" I subscribed to a magazine called British Car Magazine which I rather enjoyed. I went looking for it today on the Internet and it seems to have disappeared.

Can anyone tell me whether it's still around and I'm just missing it or what?

Thanks,

Matt

Patton

Jedi Warrior
It was sold to Grassroots Motorsports and transformed into Classic Motorsports. They have added cars from around the world, but the magazine has gotten much larger, so I think the amount of British car content is still pretty close. I really like the new magazine and recommend checking it out.(I got a two year subscription for Christmas!)

OP
J

Jagmeister

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hmmm.. I guess that explains why I got an unexpected issue of Classic Motorsports in the mail last fall. I remember tucking the card away thinking I might want to subscribe some day. I'll probably neve find it now though ;-)

I wanted to talk with them about covering the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb that is coming up on June 25th. Since I live here now it seemed like a reasonable thing to do. I've not been to the race before but I understand they run all sorts of vehicles so there surely ought to be a few LBC's in the mix.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
In fact, I used to host a forum for British Car Magazine for Gary Anderson here at BCF. I was sad when that went away. The Classic Motorsports people did not want to continue the association. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

Welcome to our humble forum, by the way!

Basil

OP
J

Jagmeister

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks... I certainly have missed my Jag and the fellowship of other enthusiasts. I decided to sell it because I knew the move to Colorado was coming up and it simply would not have been a practical thing to deal with.

Now that I have a job again I'll have to start thinking about a new acquisition. I've always wanted to build up a rally car suitable for one of those big rallies where they take a week or two and drive across Europe or Africa or interesting places like that. Unfortunately, the entry fees on those events are half my annual salary or better! Still, I love to get the brochures in the mail and dream.

Matt