• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Went to sears today

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Took all my old tired Craftsman stuff and got new ones. Box is looking good. Boy did I have some bad stuff after 55 years for some of it.

LLAngus

Jedi Knight
Gave my son his grandfather's Craftsman 1/2" drive set. Told him if anything broke to go get a new one. He seemed to really like the set. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

terriphill

Darth Vader
Last year I found a craftsman torque wriench on e-bay that I picked up for my son. It was $25.00. I used it twicew an it quit working correctly so he took it back to sear AND THEY REPLACED IT! free. He told them he got it on e-bay and they said it didn't matter. WOW. I support craftsman tools.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
If you see Craftsman at garage sales, get em, they all have the live time replacement, no questions asked.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Been doing that for years, Jack...also check pawn shops!!

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I have a better reason for loving Sears, the repair center is attached to my building. They call me and say"Hey...get you butt over here" I scramble over and they give me all the stuff people abandon there...lawn mowers, pressure washers, roro-tillers, leaf blowers..DVD/VCRs, TVs, garage door openers, cameras....you name it...I have it. I fix everything(all but a couple of things have been simple fixes) and then I give them to folks who need them but don't have the means. Last week I bought a snowblower. Living in the high desert, I never thought I'd need it..but in the first two days did eight different houses with it...and a local towing service as the wreckers were buried. Half the tools at my shop are Craftsman...and everything at home is.

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
Canadian tire will also replace any broken sockets, wrenches, etc at no cost they even replaced the plastic carry case for me that had broken clasps and because they didn't carry that particular one anymore they upgraded it at N/C

Shinsen774

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I just got a floor jack and jack stands at Sears this weekend. They had a good deal going on them. Just used my new Sears grease gun (air) today, too. Finally getting some maintenance done on the MGB.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Just spent some more money there on Friday, extra set of tools for the Tunebug and a few to fill in some gaps. Was going to get some cheapies to keep in the car, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Got the good stuff, and no regrets.

Replaced a couple of ratchets for a friend at work while I was there, no questions asked. That policy has got to have made more lifetime customers for them than anything else.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Droo,
I thought that maybe the big white truck pulled up in your yard...being how you said "the good stuff"?.
Cheers, David.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
David, for my uses the Craftsman stuff has always been the good stuff. I can appreciate Snap-On and other true professional grade stuff, but I've only had 2 tool failures in the last 12 years (my 1/2" ratchet failed and was replaced for free, and I wore out a torque wrench).

That's good enough for my uses, since my livelihood doesn't depend on it. The cost savings over what's on that white truck allows me to have more tools, a fair trade in my book.

Now if that lottery ticket pays off... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I hear you, Droooo. I have some Craftsman tools as well. The big difference is that I am able to write off my tool bill at the end of the year. If I where you, I would not be affraid to jump on the truck and have a look around. There is usually a second hand box that is full of deals.
Cheers, David.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Agreed! The Snappy Guy will usually have some "repos" or other "used" tools onna truck, or know where to find 'em... They "get around" y'know. My guy will even come to my HOUSE if I call him and I haven't wrenched in the shop for a few years now. Always worth a look!

And, yes, there are some Craftsman tools in my box as well.

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Sears has their 50ft. air hoses marked down to 12 bucks and change...bought four on Friday.

Scott_Hower

Luke Skywalker
DrEntropy said:
Agreed! The Snappy Guy will usually have some "repos" or other "used" tools onna truck, or know where to find 'em... They "get around" y'know. My guy will even come to my HOUSE if I call him and I haven't wrenched in the shop for a few years now. Always worth a look!

And, yes, there are some Craftsman tools in my box as well.

Mine sends me a Christmas card (with a 15% coupon in it).
Haven't bought much in he last few years, since kids...