• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vintage race at the Glen

Mack

Hello, Anybody going to the Vintage race at Watkins Glen Sept. 9,10 & 11? I'm hoping to go along with a spitfire and a mini, I mean two other friends of mine that own a spitfire and a mini. MACK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif Foolish things tend to happen shortly after someone says "Hold my beer for me"

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Never miss it! I always try to get up to the track on Saturday, and we always catch the festival and reenactment downtown on friday.

R

Randi

how far you think that drive is from Abbeville Louisiana?Or Basil how bought a rally!!!You never met crooked officials till you have been to Louisiana! BRIBE is everyones middle name....As a matter of fact not one insurance commissioner in 10 years has stayed out of jail!!!!!!Randi

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I keep missing this event unfortunately, due to our EMRA schedule (a race at Pocono the same weekend).
This year I definitely won't make it, since my daughter's getting married the same weekend.
I do get to the Lime Rock Vintage every year, which is basically the same group of cars. Those cars are glorious.
From a driver's point of view, the Glen is a great (and long) track....but even for my car, it seems narrrow. Two years ago following a spin, I hit the NASCAR soft "Safe-Tee" barrier just before the pits. Thank goodness for NASCAR!
MY CRASH AT THE GLEN

But it's hard to believe what the original track was like! On the original steep, narrow downhill section, even MGTDs were getting up to over 110 MPH!

If any of you guys want to come to Watkins Glen later on in the year, we'll be there October 21,22,23. Entry is free but the Glen Security requires you to preregister (just send me a note a few weeks before the event and I'll take care of it).
More info:
https://www.emraracing.org/Emraeven.htm

Pictures form last years EMRA club races at the Glen:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/aeronca65t/Cars/string-pearls_wg04.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/aeronca65t/Cars/3_sprites_wg_04.jpg

JohnnyB1275

We should meet up at the Vintage fest Aeronca, my father and I might be selling a midget there and perhaps plenty of NOS parts. I have gone to the vintage fest for the last 4 or 5 years. Sadly, I haven't gotten to the Glen yet, but will be going to pocono for a race in september with the midget. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

OP
M

Mack

Banjo, hope to catch up with you at the Glen, as the date get closer we'll have to make plans to meet somewhere, myself and the guy who has the mini are both professional firefighters and the New York State fire academy is in Montour Falls(next town over) so needless to say we know the area pretty well, maybe we can show ya a new place to get a cold refreshment?? Talk to ya as the date gets closer. MACK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Sounds great Mack. Our club usually meets around turn 2 but that's just for refrence. We're all over the place.
I know right where the fire acadamy is. Montour is a nice town. I actually live in Horseheads (probably where you guys get off Rt17 (now I86) to get on 14 to head north) So I'm only about 15 min. from the track.
aeronca65t, Have you seen the track since they changed it for IRL. It's a lot different. For instance: the gravel trap in turn 1 is now paved and the barrier has been moved back.
Nascar is this coming weekend. I actually turned down tickets to that. I'm holding out for IRL
professional Open wheel racing back at the Glen Yessssss!

MikeH

Jedi Hopeful
Hi All, I would love to be there, I grew up in Bath, NY, and Watkins Glen is what started my involvement with sports cars. I grew up when the Glen was the US Grand Prix. That should date me. The Glen was always a great time and I'm sure you'll all have fun. Have a refreshment for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif Thanks, Mike

OP
M

Mack

Hey Banjo, The Glen is right around the corner, I still plan on going, don't know if I'll be staying over, probably just drive to and from each day, depending on the weather. Any suggestions for the events on Friday? I've never done that in the past, just went over on sat and sun for the racing. Thanks hope to run into you at the Glen. MACK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif