• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

two more Bs parted out.

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hello all....been off the computer for about a month..have been cleaning out my VW shop and yard. So far have sold or junked out over a dozen vehicles including two Bs. One was a 66 roadster, the other a 71 BGT. Tried to get someone to take them...no bites so the got recycled. The 66 was stripped to the bone....the GT not so much. I guess over the years, I've lost interst in cars of all types, including my MGs. I'm considering selling my 76 B and my 69 CGT. Have a buyer for my Jaguar, sold one of my 911s and the other is spoken for. I'm going to inventory all my parts and see if anyone is interested...if not it will go to the recyclers down the road. I'm trading a couple for a Harley...they want to build a VW powered trike so am going to supply the parts(engine, trans, suspension etc) and I get a Harley with 6k miles and tons of mods. Will go on a long road trip and evaluate what to do when I grow up:smile:

RickB

Yoda
Wow Jack, you have a lot of cars!
What condition is your C in? I too have a 69 CGT. It's been on jack stands in the back for 20 years. I rebuilt the motor, put in a new clutch, drove it for 500 miles then put it away.
It has many many problems now, but I am gearing up to restore it.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sounds like Jack is in the retired mode.

Must have a toy or so though Jack and tools are great along with work space where you can get away from the wife for a bit.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
MOstly classic burn-out....am looking at seven acres of land outside of town, has water, elec...sewage etc. All fencced and has a couple of buildings. A steal at 7k. Have a new steel building located, 75x45 with doors windows, and insulation kit...17,900 deliver...I erect. Have a company that will pour the slab..still working out a price. We're also remodeling the old house. At the moment I don't have a kitchen...just a big square empty room. The new kitchen is in two rooms of my shop. We'll position the motorhome in the front yard for a fall-back kitchen but will mostly microwave and BBQ. Next is dining room and then bathroom. Also building a big rear deck complete with a toll-up awning. Got a good one of those that rolls up into an aluminum covering to keep from getting weather beaten. AND..in all that have to be in Cooperstown NY over the 4th. of July holidays for the wifes and my 40th. class reunion. Then when we get back I start on getting re-current on my flying . Quit a long while back with about 2000 hrs. of flight time. I thinks I'm busy.

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
How about a pair of "rust-free" B front fenders that would fit a '64?
Bill

ronzet

Jedi Knight
Jackq,

$7K!?!?!? Wow, my annual property tax is higher than than!?!? And I own a regular house with a small yard...

As for the flying.... I miss it A LOT... 1700 hours before had my first heart attack, then my second, then my quad bypass... The FAA isn't real keen on my flying anymore... Something about falling out of the sky.. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif

Best to you and yours... ALTHOUGH, 'once bit'...
"You can take the boy out of the LBC, but you can't take the LBC out of the boy"

You'll be back.... eventually /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I surely hope you don't wander off into the sunset. we would kind of miss you here.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
The CGT sits right outside the window of my computer room..if I lean back I can see it about twenty feet away. Drive it maybe once or twice a month. When I mentioned selling it my wife said it would be like selling a family member. Last nite we went out for ice cream in the B..top down...and then went for a little cruise. Hit the car lots, looked a a few new cars. Mustangs,Solero..couple of others. Sure makes you appreciate no car payments. I put the dual carbs on the B and its a different car now...and this week-end it gets the o/d installed and the new clutch kit. All that while remodeling the kitchen. We'll see.