• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tudor washer bottle

BBH

Country flag
Currently cleaning up some bits and came across my original Tudor washer bottle /cap etc, which is in good condition, but has yellowed over the years with a bit of a dark / dirty line around the circumference ( where the metal holder would have been ). Any good suggestions on how to restore back to its original appearance?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You might try that product advertised on TV to polish car plastic head lights. ?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Why not just buy a new one? They don't cost that much. Moss did sell them at one time, maybe they still do. I still have my original and it looks bad. I put a new one on in place of it and it looks nice. PJ

pkmh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Why not just buy a new one? They don't cost that much. Moss did sell them at one time, maybe they still do. I still have my original and it looks bad. I put a new one on in place of it and it looks nice. PJ
Well, just make sure it has the blue logo. The Healey I purchased last year only had a plain, non-descriptive design. I hope that is not the case.

Healey Nut

Luke Skywalker
Country flag

**** why not just order a whole new Healey in a box and say "look at my restoration" I purposely leave some things with aged patina otherwise they just look overdone and fake .

HealeyDave

Country flag
Try soaking it for a while in Castrol Super Clean, or similar. Then, hit it with 0000 (4 zeros) steel wool. Mine was pretty much the same as you describe yours. Came out pretty good with work. Not new looking, but not bad. I was half tempted to run it through the dishwasher, but thought my wife might not appreciate that :D Mine (Mk1 BN7) goes in the package tray under the dash, and is barely visible, so it's fine. I also media blasted and painted the bracket.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Mine came with the blue logo as original. Can't tell the difference. Now that was 9 years ago. PJ

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well, just make sure it has the blue logo. The Healey I purchased last year only had a plain, non-descriptive design. I hope that is not the case.

Those are old style . However, a decal was available at that time which you could purchase and add to the bottle. May still be available.???

OP
B

BBH

Country flag
Many thanks for the cleaning suggestions, will keep trying. Yes I could get a new one, but apart from the yellowing it is OK and in good condition so will try to revive!

My car is a 1961 BT7 tri-carb and as I understand it would have been translucent white with no label /sticker.