• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tired of bodywork

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I have been doing bodywork every day it seems. I worked hard today on a dented spot on the passenger rear quarter that I used fiberglass on. That suff eats up the dual action sander pads for sure. Anyways, I decided to take it for another spin up and down the drive. I drove it a couple times and then decided to open it up. I went to the bottom and took off and nailed the gas, wound it up faster than I really should have with new bearings and it died, just cut out. I coasted in back into my basement and went through a few checks and found the points not making good. I ran some more sandpaper through the points and it fired right back up. I need to buy a spare set and keep them and some fine paper with it. Still, I can't believe how easy it starts and shifts with the new transmission. None of the whine in 1st.

fmichaels

Jedi Knight
you gotta love these cars! it's a labor of love! that bodywork is a pain but at least you're doing it yourself. i must admit it's something i am going to give to someone else this time around. keep trudging forward.
hey, do you take it out for a spin to get rid of the dust?

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Maybe I will do that tomorrow. hopefully I will be close to done with the A pillars. I will try and remember to take pics tomorrow. I am already upstairs and clean and have done enough walking on the knee for today I think.

bugimike

Yoda
fmichaels said:
you gotta love these cars! it's a labor of love! that bodywork is a pain but at least you're doing it yourself. i must admit it's something i am going to give to someone else this time around. keep trudging forward.
hey, do you take it out for a spin to get rid of the dust?

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif That has to be the most efficient way of doing it!! AND it gets rid of the dust away from the work area!!

How's the knee coming Kim? Sounds like you are getting around a bit better!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Doc says I should be off the crutches totally by next week. I don't know about that but I am walking on it some. I'm ready to return to work but I'm thinking the shoulder needs to get fixed first and so does the doc. I should be ready for it soon and then maybe a normal life after recovery.

bugimike

Yoda
Bet you can't wait!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I'm getting a taste of immobility today myself! NO FUN /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nonod.gif !! Had my spine tapped just for tests and have to stay low-key for a day or so /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif . Should be bouncing again by the weekend for sure!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I am going to try and get the bodywork as far along as possible and get to a good stopping point before I go to the doc again next week in case he wants to do the should surgery the next day or something. I will be one armed for a few weeks and won't be able to do much.

Shealey

Jedi Trainee
They don't call it body-work for nothing... When I had my shoulder fixed I was down for about 8 weeks and it hurt for 6 months and almost a year to the touch. Then one day I noticed it was perfect! Don't get discouraged with the body-work or the shoulder.

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I just hope the knee gets good enough to stand and walk on by next week so I can get on with the shoulder. I have been out of work since the 15th of Jan and I am ready to go back before they decide to fire me.