• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tired of fast food style restorations?

Britishautobody

Jedi Hopeful
You get what you pay for. If your job is in a rush and quality is not as important then by all means procede. I am learning of a company that wants to bang together a car in 2 days < no names mentioned > a complete car assy in 2 days. Even if they pull it off would the quality be there? I think they would gain more weight doing a quality restoration over a given time then just popping a car together. Is it just me or do other people feel I am being too critical?

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
It totally depends. I've seen out of the box kits and such built in a weekend. But if you're talking about taking an existing car and doing a full restoration in 2 days, it's not possible. Paint just doesn't dry that fast when you've got multiple coats, etc.

When I played with chevys and fords you could buy most everything pre made and shiny. If you were willing to spend gobs of cash you could assemble most anything in no time flat.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Britishautobody said:
You get what you pay for. If your job is in a rush and quality is not as important then by all means procede. I am learning of a company that wants to bang together a car in 2 days < no names mentioned > a complete car assy in 2 days. Even if they pull it off would the quality be there? I think they would gain more weight doing a quality restoration over a given time then just popping a car together. Is it just me or do other people feel I am being too critical?

I haven't a clue what their game is, but I wouldn't get near them with a ten foot pole! 2 days, who in the world would believe that was possible? Took 17 months to do this car and that's working on it a little every day! Oh well, as the saying goes, about a fool and his money! :devilgrin: I get a good laugh out of claims like that. It takes all kinds! :rolleyes:

<span style="font-size: 11pt">The beginning</span>,
PC170006.jpg

<span style="font-size: 11pt">17 months later,</span>
P4280014.jpg

K

KSIS

Come on, even Chip Foose with 12 guys and one girl need a week on Over Haulin.....

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Ever notice the progress pictures on that show? There is no way four coats of primer dried and then blocked out between coats and two coats of color takes place in 8 hours.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A "restoration"?!?

Methinks it'd turn back into a pumpkin in less than a week.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I have a customer that read in some book that a bloke built up a MG TC body tub in a week-end. He wondered why it took me sooo long to complete the same task?

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
If I read the OP correctly, the car would be assembled in 2 days, and that would not include the restoration of the pieces. Being teh Devil's Advocate here :devilgrin:, starting with restored (or new) parts, wouldn't that be "original"? Weren't these cars originally assembled in about 2 days (not counting Morgans)?