• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Selling the Bugeye

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I've decided to sell my Bugeye. It's listed in the BCF Classifieds. I'll leave it there for a while, and if it doesn't sell, I'll put it on eBay. I'd really prefer to sell it to someone here (which is why I didn't put it on eBay straight away); I don't want it bought by some naive individual who thinks it should be just like a 2011 Miata, and complains when it isn't.

Why am I selling it? I think I've reached the point where, living in Los Angeles, I've done about all I can with it, and, at the same time, I need to simplify my life a little. Since I don't feel comfortable driving it on the freeways, I'm a little limited in where I can take it, unless I slog through a lot of traffic on local streets. I might want to try a little more substantial car, like an MGA or TR4. But I have limited space, and as long as the Bugeye is in my driveway, I can't get anything else. On the plus side, however, it's in very nice condition, and I know it won't ever be any better than it is now. So, it seems like this is the time.

I posted a write-up about it on my web site at https://www.nonlintec.com/ebay/sprite/. There are also a lot of pictures, most not as good as I'd like, but my photographic skills and equipment are not great. And, yes, I know that some of you will try to talk me out of it, but I've been doing that to myself the whole spring. I've had a lot of fun with the car; now it's someone else's turn.

nomad

Yoda
Sorry to here that, Steve. We'll miss you here. Suggest you consider getting out of LA instead!!

Kurt.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Good luck with the sale. As my wife says, do it until it's not fun anymore -- sounds like it's time for you to move on and try something else. Sorry to see it go, but I'm sure a new owner will have many good miles.

With three old vehicles to care for, I understand your desire to simplify. That same thought crosses through my head as well. These old machines can own you as much as you own them.

TexasSprite

Jedi Hopeful
Thanks for all the information you posted on your web site. I've done a lot of the upgrades you wrote about on my 59BE and do appreciate the writeups you did. I even got the tach circuit to work (on the bench driven by a signal generator). Next step is to install everthing in the new dash and complete the wiring with relays for the high current devices.

I agree about driving a BE in traffic in the city (Dallas for me). Pretty spooky when the 18 wheeler tires driving next to you are over your head. My other project car is a 1972 Chevy Suburban. Solid steel. Small foreign cars run when they see me coming

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Come on up to NorCal, you can drive anywhere!

OP
Sarastro

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
bugedd said:
Come on up to NorCal, you can drive anywhere!

Believe me, I'm tempted. In my (much) younger days, I had a TR4A, and I lived on the western edge of the Philadelphia suburbs. It was a short drive to get out into the countryside, and I had a blast driving it through the many little back roads. Back then, I was comfortable driving the TR4 on any kind of road, and I think I would be today, too. It would be a lot of fun to get one and restore it, but I realize that I don't have that kind of time now.

In any case, I'm not forsaking the BCF. I'll still hang around, just not with a Bugeye.

G

WHAT ?!@?!?!?!?!? :shocked:

Dude, move.....seriously!!!!! :yesnod:

Better not do it. Those Yakuza guys will wack ya! :eeek:

What else they gonna pose for pics with???? :jester: