• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Searched, no luck...What does HP on cars stand for

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Check SCCA rules.

bill_young

Jedi Warrior
Don't let them fool you, it stands for the sponsor, maker of the greatest food sauce known to man, the famous English HP sauce.
grin.gif

Attachments

• 19006.jpg
    19006.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 586

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:lol:

FINALLY!! Th' truth revealed!!! :thumbsup:

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Production (EP, FP, GP, EP) Series produced cars, which are allowed a range of performance modifications while retaining their original design, structure and drive layout. There is no age limit, such as Showroom Stock, so Production includes many cars as old as 50 years and as new as current body styles. The four performance potential based classes include: E Production (EP), F Production (FP), G Production (GP) and H Production (HP).

EP is the fastest of the Production classes with HP running the slowest in the category. Several cars in the Production classes can be run in more than one class, just by changing the engine between races. The ease of engine changes allows many Production drivers to enter more than one class at the Runoffs each year. Cars included in Production classes come from a diverse group ranging from the MG Midget, Turner, Fiat X1/9, Alfa Romeo Spyder, Austin Healey Sprite, and Lotus Super 7 to the BMW 325, Mazda Miata, RX-7, Nissan 240, Honda Civic, Suzuki Swift GTI and Toyota MR-2.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
And, speaking of production classes - HP Sauce (HP stands for houses of Parliament) is no longer made in Britain, but in Holland. Not quite MG to China but....

G

Tiger sauce rocks.

https://www.cajungrocer.com/tryme-tiger-sauce-p-1681.html

I'm offended at calling alcohol "sauce".

Sauce is thick, alcohol isn't.

The thought makes my beer too thick. :thirsty: :pukeface:

(it really does make me want to puke)

Think about it for a minute.

When is the only time you've tasted alcohol and thick......TOGETHER ??????
( :pukeface:)

ooooops, wrong thread :jester:

bill_young

Jedi Warrior
He Cajun Guy, take a look at this and find out that HP "Sauce" is indeed a thick non alcohol sauce for meats etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hp_sauce
I like their HP Curry Sauce, but have a hard time finding it over on this side of the pond. :cryin:
I'll have to try and find some of that Tiger Sauce to try. I don't remember ever seeing it in the shops when I lived in New Orleans back in the late 70s though.

G

I know, I just don't like alcohol refferd to as "sauce".

I wasn't talking about HP.

Just making a joke with a reference to the "offesive" thread. I like to tie things together. You'd have to hear me say it. I can't alway convey it, but I'm tryin'.

BTW, I'm not cajun (I wanted to mention that earlier but forgot. I'm not of Acadian French decent; my wife is 1/2 though). My family is from here and has been here forever. I say "here", even though I'm not currently "there". I live close enough that it really doesn't make a difference and I can be "home" in 25 minutes. I tell folks in LA "Oh, I just LIVE in MS".

Belive it or not, 30 miles and two rivers make a WORLD of difference in culture in this area. I might as well be 1000 miles away. It's that different. You can tell culturally as soon as you cross state lines. I've never seen anything like it before. It's pretty cool though.

It's like the "Wizzard of Oz". Just click your heels three times and you're there.

Folks don't like crossin' water 'round here. Weird thing is, in LA too !!!

Anytime you find a body of water in LA, there is a different culture on the other side. It might be a SLIGHT difference, but there is a difference and it is noticable if you know how to look or are observant.

O.k, I just read you lived in N.O so you know what I'm talking about. N.O dif from west bank and both different from north shore etc...

I don't know if it was around in the 70's.

G

bill_young said:
I like their HP Curry Sauce, but have a hard time finding it over on this side of the pond. :cryin:

Curry sauce? Kelly would LOVE that !!!

You can get Tiger sauce online. I think from that link too. It definatley has a different taste. It's hot AND spicy (with some flavor too), not just hot like Tabasco.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
kellysguy said:
Belive it or not, 30 miles and two rivers make a WORLD of difference in culture in this area. I might as well be 1000 miles away. It's that different. You can tell culturally as soon as you cross state lines. I've never seen anything like it before. It's pretty cool though.

You need to visit NYC (B'lyn particularly) then. Every BLOCK is like that.

G

DrEntropy said:
kellysguy said:

You need to visit NYC (B'lyn particularly) then. Every BLOCK is like that.

No thanks, I'll pass. Been there once. Too many people.

The weird thing about this, it's only on this border. TX and AR line aren't that way (anywhere that I know of). You can go 30m north , south or west in LA and it's the same, just not east. Same w/ MS, go N, E or S and it's the same, just not west.

Go from the last S.E LA town to the first S.W MS town and it's like you flipped a switch.

The people look completely different, and they're both "rednecks".

Hedgehog

Jedi Hopeful
SCCA did away with GP so there are now only 3 Production classes. Midwestern Council still supports the old GP cars though.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
There's a big difference in those 'rednecks' in MS & those in LA: <span style="font-style: italic">MS 'rednecks' got no edumacation like dem Cajun rednects!</span>

c5racer

Re: Searched, no luck...What does HP on cars stand

kellysguy said:
I know, I just don't like alcohol refferd to as "sauce". You'd have to hear me say it. I can't alway convey it, but I'm tryin'.

Say it or <span style="text-decoration: underline">slur it</span>. :thirsty:

c5racer

Hey whhhaaaaattt a minute REAL "rednecks" are plowboys from oHIo!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Actually, the original term 'redneck' goes back to before our war of independence....those US citizens who wanted to stay a part of the king's kingdom wore red collars; thus, 'rednecks'

Later it came to describe the working man who usually spent all his days out in the field picking cotton or working some other crop and who got sunburned around the neck; again, 'rednecks'

I knew the minute I saw fiquire 8 racing in the Northeast, and racing push lawn mowers in the UK, rednecks are a international thing, the term "hey yall watch this" can be spoken in many languages and accents :smile: :smile: