• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Lower radiator hose

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Hey guys. 64BJ8.

My fault or defective? I removed my lower radiator hose and was cleaning all the over spray off with thinner. She looked nice and I was proud. Looks like new. Photo attached. Yes of the now two pieces.

Then when I felt how secure the small tube that is glued for the water return pipe was, it pulled right off.

I guess it's good to have it come off now, rather than when I'm driving. Is that something I simply glue back on? Or throw away and get a replacement. Cheers, roger

Country flag
That hose is toast; order a new one.

I've deleted the heater in my 100/6, so I just use the hose without the extra port.

Ed_K

Jedi Knight
Roger, Victoria British sells radiator hoses made with kevlar. I thought I would try one the next time I need a new hose. I don't know what they look like but they should be very strong and durable because of the kevlar.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
HI Roger, no glue no place on the radiator hoses.That hoses shape is critical if improperly shaped they will pop off the lower radiator hose fitting. Where ever you order a replacement make them commit that their hose is shaped correctly.-Fwiw---Keoke-- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif

OP
AUSMHLY

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Thanks guys. So, is this a common thing? The small one coming off? The hose looks pretty new. There was a bit of rust color at that area. So...my bad? Because I wiped the entire hose with thinner?

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
So is this a common thing ?.No just a faulty aftermarket hose get one from Inan and you will be good to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif---Keoke

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi ED, Yes a Kelvar hose should be very strong .However, I purchased one from Moss some years ago and it was not properly shaped,neither were any of their other lower radiator hoses. I did not like the appearance of the hose as it is smooth on the outside and looked out of place in the engine compartment. Don't know what VB is selling though.--Fwiw--Keoke

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
edkap2002 TR6 lower radiator hose fitting Triumph 2
wangdango BJ8 lower radiator hose! Austin Healey 2
bobh Lower Radiator Hose Failure Triumph 6
John Turney Lower Radiator Hose Austin Healey 4
Dave Richards Lower Radiator Hose Connection Austin Healey 7
wangdango XKE series 1 lower radiator pipe size? Jaguar 1
Monark192 Radiator lower air duct panel for 74.5 B MG 3
Racer-X- Metalastik Lower wishbone bushings and upper fulcrum pin bushings Other British Cars 6
S TR2/3/3A lower small brass bushing Triumph 13
S TR2/3/3A steel bushings for the lower Arms Triumph 10
newmexTR3 TR2/3/3A How to remove thrust washer from lower wishbone & trunion Triumph 7
Endoscaper TR2/3/3A Lower Front Suspension Overhaul Triumph 2
R TR6 Lower A-arm trunnion bushings Triumph 18
K TR2/3/3A Advise on previously botched front end lower fulcrum support bracket. Triumph 5
B Wanted 100-6 or early 3000 upper and lower grille opening pieces Austin Healey Classifieds 1
Jim_Gruber PS Steering Rack Lower Bracket Needed - Some DA over torqued and snapped it in half Spridgets 9
B TR2/3/3A lower wishbone installation Triumph 5
L TR2/3/3A Bent lower wishbone arms Triumph 6
K TR2/3/3A Front suspension inner Lower wishbone bush area? Triumph 3
KVH TR4/4A Should I Cut the Lower Windshield Gasket Triumph 2
KVH TR4/4A Lower Control Arm Front Pivot Bolt Triumph 9
KVH General TR Pressing in the Lower Control Arm Bushing Triumph 6
C TR6 Lower A-arms Triumph 8
W TR2/3/3A Tell me there is a trick to removing lower control arm pin... Triumph 45
I General TR Lower wishbone arm attachment bracket advice needed Triumph 8
Rut TR4/4A Lower fulcrum brackets Triumph 3
M TR2/3/3A FRONT SUSPENSION: Rusted lower control arm fulcrum Triumph 17
Tr3aguy TR2/3/3A Lower control arm question Triumph 2
aero3113 100 lower windshield seal Austin Healey 4
RCarr BN1 Lower Control Arms Austin Healey 0
C BN1 sitting lower at left rear - I'm told that's normal - really? Austin Healey 13
K TR2/3/3A The "air vent"on the lower part of the front apron below the grille.... Triumph 5
Jeepster Lower wishbone bush replacement. Austin Healey 33
H Post-War Other Herald rear suspension lower block installation Triumph 3
KVH General TR Pressing in the lower/inner control arm bushings Triumph 3
Scotsman TR4/4A Lower steering flex joint upgrade to TR6 Universal joint Triumph 2
Martinld123 Want to lower car about an inch Austin Healey 4
Rut TR4/4A Lower crash pad Triumph 9
KVH General TR Lower Control Arms Triumph 1
BoyRacer BN1 lower control arms Austin Healey 1
B TR2/3/3A Removing front lower wishbone confusion Triumph 3
M TR4/4A Left lower dash crash pad. Triumph 5
Geo Hahn TR2/3/3A lower generator bolt Triumph 7
K TR2/3/3A Refresh...main reson why idle will lower when kicking the gas pedal? Triumph 3
M TR4/4A Lower crash pads for dash....help. Triumph 4
sqbsprite TR6 Frame cracking around lower control arm mount, have you checked yours? Triumph 3
Keith_M Lower wishbone recondition? Spridgets 5
PAUL161 T-Series Windshield lower rubber MG 5
J TR2/3/3A Lower windshield rubber seal Triumph 3
B Lower Steering Column Bush - Where does it go and how? Austin Healey 14