• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Introducing the Horn-a-matic

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Try not to get too excited, but I have just revolutionized automotive safety. Yes, yes. I know, the guy who cannot keep he shocks attached to his TR6. But I did.

Imagine you are in a life of death situation - who has time to take their hands off the wheel and find and then push the horn button? Valuable wasted seconds my friends, all of which is unnecessary I say when instead a Horn-a-matic can save you that trouble.

What is a Horn-a-matic you say, well I am glad you asked. Simply push the steering wheel forward and the car beeps. No fussing around with hard to find horn buttons. No having to put down your cell phone, burger, beer, or stop making unwanted contact with your date. No my friends, keep that free hand distracting you from the road because the Horn-a-matic allows you to simply push the steering wheel forward when you must honk.

Sarastro

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
I take it this is a new invention you have come up with, more or less accidentally?

Next, I suspect you will be asking how to uninstall this amazing invention. Probably the first time you hit the brakes hard while following a car full of large, hairy people with bad attitudes.

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
You should sell you idea to Ron Popeil of the Ronco co. "THE HORN-O-MATIC"
He could sell it on the speed channel. You both could be rich. K-Tel might be interested too!!

HerronScott

Darth Vader
tdskip said:
Imagine you are in a life of death situation - who has time to take their hands off the wheel and find and then push the horn button? Valuable wasted seconds my friends, all of which is unnecessary I say when instead a Horn-a-matic can save you that trouble.

What is a Horn-a-matic you say, well I am glad you asked. Simply push the steering wheel forward and the car beeps. No fussing around with hard to find horn buttons. No having to put down your cell phone, burger, beer, or stop making unwanted contact with your date. No my friends, keep that free hand distracting you from the road because the Horn-a-matic allows you to simply push the steering wheel forward when you much honk.

ROTFL!

Tom,

Thank you, I know it might be silly but had me in tears.

Scott

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
...And I much honk all time! :devilgrin:

OP
T

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Mickey Richaud said:
...And I much honk all time! :devilgrin:

I am glad you and Randall enjoy my inability to type. You should hear my trying to read a prepared speech - part of why I ad-lib all the time.

John_Mc

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'm wondering how you got that installed on my car already!

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
tdskip said:
Try not to get too excited, but I have just revolutionized automotive safety. Yes, yes. I know, the guy who cannot keep he shocks attached to his TR6. But I did.

What is a Horn-a-matic you say, well I am glad you asked. Simply push the steering wheel forward and the car beeps. No fussing around with hard to find horn buttons. No having to put down your cell phone, burger, beer, or stop making unwanted contact with your date. No my friends, keep that free hand distracting you from the road because the Horn-a-matic allows you to simply push the steering wheel forward when you must honk.

Chrysler used to have a steering wheel that you squeezed the anywhere around the rim to sound the horn. Dad had one on his 70 Dart. Worked great until the 80's when it started going off any time we parked in the sun. Was REAL easy finding the car in a crowded parking lot.

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Did you own and or practice on a TR250 before installing it on your 6? Or maybe my previous owner beat you to the invention. So you might want to do a patent search. Why i mention this is last year while auto crossing at TRf's summer party ( always a lot of lateral motion on the steering wheel while racing) I was toting my horn all around the track without pushing the button. Somewhat embarrassing. I think the spectators must have thought I wanted some attention.

OP
T

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
I bet you where pushing in on the steering wheel, that is how mine gets triggered as well.

My PO missed putting a ground strap on the lower coupling, but not it is appearing to be vertical play in the steering shaft that is doing it.