• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Carpet Glue and Snaps

HAN8L1965

Jedi Warrior
I just received my new carpet kit from Stock Interiors, man is there a lot of gluing to do. Is there a recommended contact cement? I will be gluing over dynamat in most areas. Does someone have a diagram of all the carpet snap placements for a 1965. I removed and filled most of them during the rebuild. Are the two pieces over the front bracing/jack support, snapped in place or glued?

Mark

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Use 3M carpet/contact cement. do not use anything else without talking to someone who has used it.

OP
HAN8L1965

HAN8L1965

Jedi Warrior
I am going to buy the Eastway product, I have as of yet done that. I do have actual Dynamat under the driver seat, it was $40 just for that area. The Eastway product is $144 for a package that should do all the areas I want (all floor area, tunnel, area behind seat and wheel wells) I am not going to do the platform area between the wheels, only carpet there. I am looking more for heat reduction and this product from what I have read and seen demonstrated should fit the need.

Mark

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Mark

I have a 66 shell that I'll look at tomorrow and get you the snap locations. I'm with Jack on the 3M adhesive. I used medium strength. Strong enough to stick it down but removable with a little effort if you need to. The two pieces that cover the brace are glued as are the two long triangular pieces that go along the inner front bulkhead.

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Are you happy with the quality? I bought carpet from Stock Interiors by the yard and had my carpets made locally. I was pleased with the quality of the material.

OP
HAN8L1965

HAN8L1965

Jedi Warrior
Yes, I was a little taken a back by the number of pieces since it has been several years since I removed the animal eaten origional interior. It does not come with instructions but it looks pretty straight forward. I got the loop since others had mentioned that was a better option, the loop will give it an old style look. Unfortunately I will need for it to substantially warm up in Ohio before I install, give me a couple 60 degree days and I will get it done.

Mark

mightymidget

Jedi Knight
HAN8L1965 said:
I am going to buy the Eastway product, I have as of yet done that. I do have actual Dynamat under the driver seat, it was $40 just for that area. The Eastway product is $144 for a package that should do all the areas I want (all floor area, tunnel, area behind seat and wheel wells) I am not going to do the platform area between the wheels, only carpet there. I am looking more for heat reduction and this product from what I have read and seen demonstrated should fit the need.

Mark [/quote

They have that on sale today only on their website for $119.00

RichBall

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Has anyone here tried the spray on Lizadskin ceramic insulation? Just wondering? I thought it looked like a good solution for the Midget.

https://www.lizardskin.com/

leecreek

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Going to try some 'Home Made' stuff once the temperature window comes in. Heard that the prep to get it to stick is really important and some have covered it with truck bed compound to get it to keep from flaking off.

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Mark

Four snaps on each foot well. The top two are on the firewall just above kick plate and about 1 1/2" inside each side. The bottom two are about 2" in front of the cross brace and about 1 1/2" inside each side.

Two snaps for each piece under the seat. Both are 6 1/2" behind the cross brace. One is 2 inches off the inner sill. The other is 1 1/2" off the tunnel.

kalist

I have not used lizardskin but a street rod forum that I watch has several people including some professional builders that rave about it being the best insulation there is.

OP
HAN8L1965

HAN8L1965

Jedi Warrior
Thank you Ray, regarding the insulation Eastwood is offering their material for $119.00 today only 1/13. I orderd a package today, it contains 9 sheets 18"x30" that should do a Sprite.

Mark

OP
HAN8L1965

HAN8L1965

Jedi Warrior
$139.40 delivered, less expensive than anything I have seen, If you want such a product.

Mark

mightymidget

Jedi Knight
No I not busting you on the price,
I just stated the cost for the person thinking of useing lazardskin. That is a very good price and if I had extra money in my budget I would gone ahead and purchased it

OP
HAN8L1965

HAN8L1965

Jedi Warrior
Received the Eastwood sound deadening material today, this is as noce as any of the products out there, it contains 9 sheet and one sheet completely covers a floor area so this package will easily do one of our little cars. As was mentioned by Mightysmight this is a good deal even at the normal cost of $144.00 for those of you that have priced these products. Eastwood runs a lot of different specials, get on their e-mail list.

Can't wait for warm weather to do the install, I will truly be styling this summer with carpet and less heat from the street and engine.

Mark

19Sprite65

Does anyone have a carpet set not installed yet? I'd like a tracing of the two pieces that fit over the rear wheel arches. When I pulled mine out seven years ago, I'd done such a good job of gluing them down they came off in pieces and I pitched them. Rest of the set is great and I will reuse.

OP
HAN8L1965

HAN8L1965

Jedi Warrior
I have not put mine in yet send me a pm with your address and i will make you a template.

Mark