• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What is the Closest to Original Carpet

TodE

Jedi Hopeful
Again I am in the process of making my 1967 BJ-8 a little nicer as the original carpets are worn, and a little thin, after 50 years. I saw Moss has a sale on interior parts, carpet side panels ect. I also received a quote from John Skinner of the UK. Without shipping John Skinner offers a little more bang for the buck at a very competitive price (now that the pound is down). My question is how does each compare to the original carpet from the factory? I think I am going with Karvel carpet per original. Is any one better than the other?

Thank you,
Tod

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Again I am in the process of making my 1967 BJ-8 a little nicer as the original carpets are worn, and a little thin, after 50 years. I saw Moss has a sale on interior parts, carpet side panels ect. I also received a quote from John Skinner of the UK. Without shipping John Skinner offers a little more bang for the buck at a very competitive price (now that the pound is down). My question is how does each compare to the original carpet from the factory? I think I am going with Karvel carpet per original. Is any one better than the other?

Thank you,
Tod
I'm not sure, but I believe the carpet I received from Heritage Trim is a better grade than the original.

RestoreThemAll

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
John will send you samples. Nylon looked closer to me. Have him send you both.

Bobbydsport

I bought a set from Moss for my '67 BJ8 & sent it back due to poor quality in my opinion. Then bought a set from the Healey Surgeons in Takoma park Md. I couldn't be happier with that set. Correct blue color for my car & great quality.

Bobbyd

shortsguy1

Jedi Hopeful
Bobbydsport (and perhaps anyone else with first-hand experience of Moss's carpet sets):
They catalog lists two different carpet sets for a late BJ8: Regular and Deluxe with both apparently costing the same. Do you recall which you ordered and sent back to them? Also, could you be more specific regarding the quality? Carpet too thin, wrong weave, wrong shapes, rough seams, etc.??? Thanks for clarifying.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Re: What is the Closest to Original Carpet-:

AS FAR AS YOU CAN GET AWAY FROM IT!

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
I've used John Skinner on several Healey's and been very pleased with their products. As someone suggested, have them send you samples as believe they offer a couple of different types.
Regards
Mike

Bobbydsport

Bobbydsport (and perhaps anyone else with first-hand experience of Moss's carpet sets):
They catalog lists two different carpet sets for a late BJ8: Regular and Deluxe with both apparently costing the same. Do you recall which you ordered and sent back to them? Also, could you be more specific regarding the quality? Carpet too thin, wrong weave, wrong shapes, rough seams, etc.??? Thanks for clarifying.
Not to be badmouthing any venders. Please don't take it that way.I have bought many things from Moss that were fine.It's just that carpet wasn't one of them.The carpet set I bought was the deluxe & the only diff between that & the regular is the cutout for the trans dipstick.I found the carpet much to thin & the blue color much to light to match my blue interior. It was the only blue offered that was even close.The set I got from The Healey Surgeons was spot on.

Bobbyd