• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

BJ8 Steering column support bracket

PTBJ

Freshman Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the final stages of getting my 65 BJ8 on the road after many years of being restored by various owners. The forum has been a valuable part of the process; I've spent many hours searching threads for those tricky little issues that come up. The car is currently going through certification, including compliance for conversion to RHD. Ihave done the conversion myself, a simple enough task taking account of the mounting points being on both sides of the frame / chassis. I have taken photos along the way to document the conversion; however the one photo I don't have that I need to satisfy the guy doing the compliance is that of the steering column support bracket upper attachment points. I'm loathed to take the dash out just to get a photo, so kindly ask if anyone has a photo of this area so Ican show the guy how the support column upper mounting attaches to the frame, it would be appreciated.

As for the RHD conversion, if anyone has a question fire away.

Thanks

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the final stages of getting my 65 BJ8 on the road after many years of being restored by various owners. The forum has been a valuable part of the process; I've spent many hours searching threads for those tricky little issues that come up. The car is currently going through certification, including compliance for conversion to RHD. Ihave done the conversion myself, a simple enough task taking account of the mounting points being on both sides of the frame / chassis. I have taken photos along the way to document the conversion; however the one photo I don't have that I need to satisfy the guy doing the compliance is that of the steering column support bracket upper attachment points. I'm loathed to take the dash out just to get a photo, so kindly ask if anyone has a photo of this area so Ican show the guy how the support column upper mounting attaches to the frame, it would be appreciated.

As for the RHD conversion, if anyone has a question fire away.

Thanks
Are these what you're looking for? Note: The tapered bolts ate NOT common to all Healeys. I've seen cars that have never been dismantled with regular bolts and tapered bolts. I can still take more pics if you need them.

Attachments

• DSCF3099.JPG
    DSCF3099.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCF3095.JPG
    DSCF3095.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCF3388.jpg
    DSCF3388.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF3389.jpg
    DSCF3389.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 107

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Down in Palmerston North, do you know NZ?
I did 3 deployments to Antarctica and our Navy squadron of LC-130's as an aircrewman. We also had a Base at Christchurch. I spent my the last half of my last deployment in Christ Church. Toured around on motorcycle when I wasn't working and actually saw a few big Healey's. I had a great time and Christ Church was super.