• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

In the News

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
At car shows any time I see a kid with an interest in the TR I invite them to sit behind the wheel. This gal was having a fine time 'steering' and working the pedals when the newspaper photographer happened by.

If your nerves can stand it I highly recommend sharing the Triumph experience with the young and impressionable.

For me, the look on those kids' faces is better than any trophy.

marana.JPG

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Kudos Geo. My thoughts exactly. As long as they're not being destructive, have at it! It's a car! not a Ming vase.
Giving a good memory is worth more than any piece of plated plastic.
There is a guy that hits several national shows with his "touch me" Jaguar. I think I'll spread the tradition.

jayhawk

Jedi Warrior
Good stuff, Geo.
My wife and I were in the outdoor seating of a restaurant in a popular shopping district here in KC and my TR3 was across the street. We saw a 13-14 y/o boy going Gaga over the car and he wanted his parents to take a pic of him standing next to the car. I went over and told him to take a seat inside and put his dad's sun glasses on. It was as much fun for me as the kiddo, I think. (and my car isn't as nice a Geo's)

Winston

Jedi Trainee
Geo,
That's a big part of the fun,don't you think?
The history going back to the tractor engines suprises most people.
My problem is a relative , I let him "sit in the car" and the car came back without a clutch.
I am going to be careful in the future how old the kids are, this one happens to be over 40!
Great Pic !

Mark Jones

Jedi Warrior
I always let people touch my car; it ain't a museum piece. I'm glad, all those years ago when I was a kid, that my next door nieghbour let me touch his MGB. It got me so hooked that I bought one 18 years later.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Great job! Get them hooked while they're young. If we don't hook them who's going to buy our iron for top dollar when we're too old an feeble to drive it anymore???

I got hooked on Triumphs because a of guy in my home town who was in college took me for rides in his TR-3A when he came home to visit. I was 9 or 10 and that was the coolest thing in the world to me at the time.

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
At several car shows, I have taken out my hand crank. Anyone younger than 40 asks what is it. As I'm explaining it, a crowd gathers and I pick a 12 year old, a 14 year old and an 18 year old from the group and I run a "starting competition". Usually the 12 year old can't start it, sometimes a 16 year old can and most of the time the 18 year old is strong enough to start the TR. Even their parents are amazed by how quiet it is as it starts (none of that whirr, whirr, whirr of an electric starter) and also after it is running. They are really proud of their boy and usually ask, "Is it running?" I usually have the hood up as they do this so I can "blip" the throttle just as it starts.

Don Elliott

Bugeye58

Yoda
Nice job, George. We generally give the same opportunity to the kids at the track. It lights up their faces to be behind the wheel of a race car. All the better if it happens to be an LBC!
Jeff