• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Voting begins for Midget 50th National Venue!!

bmwwxman

<span style="font-size: 12pt"><span style="font-family: 'Arial'"><span style="font-weight: bold">Help us select the location for the big National MG Midget 50th Anniversary Celebration!!

All Spridget owners and enthusiasts are encouraged to go to the Sprite-Midget Club USA website and vote for their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices out of the 7 excellent proposals for this 2011 special event! Just log on to: Sprite-Midget Club USA, Inc. <https://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org>, select the tab for "Midget 50th" and follow the voting directions. Please carefully read each proposal before voting to be fair to all those who submitted proposals.

The voting rules are simple and we are using the "honor" system. Each Spridgeteer is allowed one vote. The computer you vote from will be logged and you will only be able to vote once but we trust Spridgeteers to be honest. You will be able to see the up to the moment vote tallies after you have voted.

Voting begins 12:00 am PDT, Wednesday, April 1st, 2009. It will continue until midnight PDT, Wednesday, April 22nd, 2009. Results will be posted to the website by midnight Friday April 24th, 2009.

As soon as the winning venue has been selected, a competition will be launched for a Logo and Poster for "50 Years of Midgets - A Spridget Event". Details of the competition will be on the website by Sunday, April 26th, 2009.

Sincerely,
Your hard working pre-event committee
Sprite-Midget Club USA, Inc.</span></span></span> :winner1:

Country flag
So... you think I can't (wouldn't) spoof IP addresses? :wink:

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
We've had the discussion. We KNOW what WE are capable of doing when it comes to computer voting. The honor system is the only way to make it work. We are all honorable people, otherwise we would not have been able to accomplish the things that we have.

Country flag
Most all of us are honest... it only takes one dishonest person. That being said, I do not think the motivation is high to stuff the box.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
vote early and vote often :jester:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
OK - so let me be the first to be confused. I was looking at the proposals and closed my screen midway - reopened the screen to be told I had already voted. Anything I can do?

tosoutherncars

Jedi Knight
Looks great! Although it would be a challenge for me to attend, my heart's with Elko, Nevada. Passed through it on my way back from Sacramento to Ontario with my then-new Midget; beautiful country.

RickB

Yoda
No one but me voted for Elko as 1st?
The immediate results show 1 vote for choice 1 for Elko and I just voted that way.
Speak up if you also voted for Elko please.
Never assume a web based system is actually working correctly.
(I know why)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Location 1st Choice 2nd Choice 3rd Choice
Elko, Nevada ------------ 1 1 9
Reno-Tahoe, Nevada----- 1 2 2
Hot Springs, Arkansas---- 1 1 2
Euro Autofest,----------- 4 14 1
Colorado Springs, CO----- 1 1 8
Elkhart Lake, WI & ------ 20 2 2
Stone Mountain Park----- 2 9 5[/QUOTE]

RickB

Yoda
How much testing went into the voting system?
Someone PM or email me so I can tell you how it's broken.

Rik

Jedi Hopeful
Tried to vote twice today and both times got this: Working on a solution...Be right back
Looks like someone has got all their relatives to vote for Elkhart Lake WI.
Rik

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, when I went there & it told me it was "working on a solution"...never opened!

However, could I vote it would be for Hot Springs, AR.

RickB

Yoda
I've been in contact with the programmer, he won't be able to fix it until tonight. I offered to be part of the testing group in the future. :wink:

RickB said:
No one but me voted for Elko as 1st?
The immediate results show 1 vote for choice 1 for Elko and I just voted that way.
Speak up if you also voted for Elko please.
Never assume a web based system is actually working correctly.
(I know why)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Location 1st Choice 2nd Choice 3rd Choice
Elko, Nevada ------------ 1 1 9
Reno-Tahoe, Nevada----- 1 2 2
Hot Springs, Arkansas---- 1 1 2
Euro Autofest,----------- 4 14 1
Colorado Springs, CO----- 1 1 8
Elkhart Lake, WI & ------ 20 2 2
Stone Mountain Park----- 2 9 5
[/QUOTE]

Actually the numbers are showing much lower when I look at it.

Oh did I mention, I've been working on a tech session by David Vizard if this thing ends up Euro Auto Festival, just a little bait for you all :smile: :smile:

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Up and working.. By the way, I don't know this for a fact but had a discussion with Jim before it all started but I BELIEVE that the voting is weighted ..

6 points for a first place vote
4 points for a second
3 for a third

just like F1 was for years, before the demand by the manufactures that the top 10 places get points.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Well, I won't bwe going to Nevada or Wisconsin which are the current front runners.

Guess we'll go to Hap's event as our 50th celebration!</span>

You know, who the 'ell cares - I'll just go to car shows that I want to go to. And that statement has nothing to do with the great guys putting the Midget show on! Their other show in Missouri was one of the best I've ever attended!

RickB

Yoda
Hap Waldrop said:
Oh did I mention, I've been working on a tech session by David Vizard if this thing ends up Euro Auto Festival, just a little bait for you all :smile: :smile:

The thing might, but I surely won't. I know that's no great loss for anyone but me but that's the way it is.

I'm just plain never going to drive more than 900 miles each way to anything.

If it is in Elko that's great, if Reno - Tahoe then great. Otherwise forgettaboutit.

chrpark

I know the die is cast already but it sure strikes me that a set of coordinated regional events (maybe 5 around the country) would be more likely to draw given the long driving distances associated with a single location. Would be fun to swap pictures and stories from the regional events and create some fun competitions in the process...

ncbugeye

Jedi Warrior
Seeing as I missed out on Sprite 50 due to scheduling conflicts, I'd be game for another trip to BMWville, and even take in Hap's event. We could just decide to do it "unofficially".

I know mine isn't a Midget, but heck...