• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

And so it begins!

JonnyRotten

I would just like to thank all of you who have replied to my posts,and to those who will in the future.Today I received my dads 1960 TR3A That he sold to a friend in in 1965.Its now back in the family and will never leave again.Ill have many questions and thanks to my new friends on this site,this car will see the road again.

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Soon you'll be stealing the old phrase "this isn't my dad's tr3" -oh wait it is!

Welcome to the club. There's some great people on this forum.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Congratulations, Jonny! Must be a good feeling.

ekamm

Jedi Warrior
Awesome post some pics through the whole thing. Lets pull up some carpet and that boot mat and see what's hiding.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Good for you, a new car and that it was your dad's is better yet. Don't wear out the garage door going out to look at it.

hilsideser

Jedi Warrior
:iagree:
Congrads!! Wish I had my Dad's 54 TD.
Have fun!

TonyPanchot

Jedi Trainee
I managed to get my fathers and after all the work and 16k later he still thinks it is his! so I let him keep the receipts to remind him who the real owner is :smile:

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I wish I had my Dad,s Triumph hearld, Willys wagon, 66 karman ghia,Buick road master, 67 MGB GT (which I gave him)etc....

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
tinman58 said:
I wish I had my Dad,s Triumph hearld, Willys wagon, 66 karman ghia,Buick road master, 67 MGB GT (which I gave him)etc....
I wouldn't mind having my dad's 1940 Ford convertible, which he bought new and which got him through WWII and beyond...or his 1950 Dodge Wayfarer roadster. On the other hand, I DO have his 1964 Triumph Herald convertible!

toysrrus

Yoda
Howdy JR,

"Congrats"! It really has to be a very satisfying feeling to have your Dads car & bring it back to life. Of course; From some of your pics; Your well on Your way.

How many times the 1st. evening have you gone into the garage just to look at her?

Have Fun,

Russ

PS: Please email the pics of the Trans mounting when you have a chance.

jsfbond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
My Grandfather worked for Maine fish & Game all his life, and they provided him with a vehicle to drive. He had a new model T in the garage, and as the years went by and he would get a new state vehicle to use the "T' just kept sitting in the garage. About tens years goes by and he realises that that this car could be worth something some day. Then came the hurricane of 1938, and it took the whole garage, and the car into the woods. @#!*! is all we can say about that.

Country flag
Of all my cars, Dads TR3 will be the last to go. It will probably be around when I'm gone. It will be my daughter's for her to figure whether to keep.

Marv

jsfbond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
After the story of Grandfather and his "T", I would think of the joke about the farmer back in the forties who had his steel roof taken off by a hurricane and being a good citizen he bundled it all all up and shipped it off to the Ford plant for reuse, to help the war effort. About three weeks later he gets a letter from Ford.
Dear Sir;
We thank you for sending that back to us, if you could tell us the year, make and model of the car, we will see if we can be put back together for you.

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
My 1958 TR3A was never my dad's car. I was 20 when I bought it brand new in May 1958 - and I still have it. My parents never told me that I was crasy to spend all my savings to buy it. I stored it for the first 4 winters, then drove it all year long from 1963 to 1972 by which time it had become a basket case. Then I shoved it over into the corner of my garage while we raised two kids. From 1987 to 1990, I restored it and I've driven it over 102,000 miles during the last 20 years.

Life is great! Here's one from last summer.

Attachments

• 20018.jpg
    20018.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 181
Country flag
Don Elliott said:
My 1958 TR3A was never my dad's car. I was 20 when I bought it brand new in May 1958 - and I still have it. My parents never told me that I was crasy to spend all my savings to buy it. I stored it for the first 4 winters, then drove it all year long from 1963 to 1972 by which time it had become a basket case. Then I shoved it over into the corner of my garage while we raised two kids. From 1987 to 1990, I restored it and I've driven it over 102,000 miles during the last 20 years.

Life is great! Here's one from last summer.

Don, that ROCKS!!! :laugh:

pjsmetana

Jedi Warrior
angelfj said:
I want to know how you keep your finger nails so clean! :jester:

$10 says its Gojo :p

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader