• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 TR-6 Adjustable Trailing Arm Bracket Feedback

Mark_Gibson

Jedi Trainee
I just received my Goodparts adjustable brackets and they look great, very well made. Has anyone put these in and how well did they work? I have my car back together and am thinking of having the shop that will do my alignment work put them in.
Thanks,

Mark

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
I know of someone on another list who has installed them and is now recommending them; in almost any post regarding a topic concerning rear suspension parts he puts in a plug.
So it seems they work very well. Not tried them personally (yet?)
Simon.

milemarker60

I have a set and so far have been very impressed with the product. I have installed them for test fitment purposes only and found the adjustability amazing. I am in process of a full resto and wanted to try them before popping the body off. Installation was a breeze and again, the adjustability was very easy and simple. The product appears to be very well made and engineered. I can remeber literally spending about eight hours on my last TR6 swapping and shimming the rear mounts to get the car level and the camber set the way I wanted it. If you are lowering the suspension you will find these make the job almost too easy. Honestly, if I were leaving stock springs in the rear, I probably wouldn't have felt it necessary to change from stock since my car was already level.

Again, I haven't driven but a few miles on them to verify stability, etc., but I am impressed with the product. I hope this helps.

In addition, I'll go ahead and put a plug in for Good's bushing kits, sway bars and springs. After researching and talking to other folks who have used his parts I went ahead and purchased all of his suspension componenets. The swaybars are adjustable which if you have ever put larger front and rear bars on before, you will really appreciate. They are very easy to adjust and if you are concerned about understanding when or why to adjust, you'll know when the rear starts breaking loose on a corner. The adjustment allows you to dial it in to compliment the rest of your suspension set-up and allow for a more stable and safe roll limitation of the chassis. The bar mounts are a real piece of art as well. Most importantly, Richard Good has been very eager to communicate with me about his products. To me, that is a huge plus when questions arise during set-up or installation. He's just like us, loves the TR's but has the ambition and intelligence to make some very nice improvements to the cars we love.

Dave

OP
Mark_Gibson

Mark_Gibson

Jedi Trainee
Thanks Dave,

I can't wait to see the car sitting with the proper camber! I appreciate the feedback.

Mark

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
steveg TR6 Installing adjustable trailing arm brackets Triumph 7
glemon General TR Adjustable Trailing Arm Brackets, Cheap and Lazy, or clever like a fox? Triumph 0
M TR6 GoodParts Adjustable Trailing Arm Brackets TR6 Triumph 14
D Adjustable Trailing Arm Mounts Triumph 11
bugedd Adjustable trailing arms? Spridgets 3
JAV For Sale non adjustable steering box Austin Healey Classifieds 3
kodpkd Adjustable Tie Rods Austin Healey 20
Got_All_4 TR6 Non Adjustable Stromberg Pistons Triumph 8
T Kilmartin Adjustable Front Shock Mount Plates - Installation Instructions Austin Healey 0
BoyRacer Did BN2s have adjustable steering wheels? Austin Healey 5
J TR2/3/3A TR3A Adjustable Steering Triumph 5
J Wanted Adjustable steering wheel circlip Triumph Classifieds 4
E Wanted wanted Austin healey 3000 adjustable steering wheel & dash pad Austin Healey Classifieds 2
steveg SOLD!! Moto-Lita 14" wheel for sale with adjustable hub & collet Austin Healey Classifieds 0
J TR2/3/3A Adjustable vs non Adjustable wheel Triumph 0
Walter74 Adjustable steering wheel removal Austin Healey 4
K TR2/3/3A Non Adjustable TR3 Steering Wheel Triumph 7
R TR2/3/3A Frozen Steering Wheel [Adjustable] Triumph 7
BoyRacer Wanted Steering Wheel Hub Adaptor for non adjustable column Austin Healey Classifieds 1
John_Koop TR2/3/3A Adjustable steering wheels Triumph 3
AUSMHLY Adjustable steering wheel removal Austin Healey 5
C Non-Adjustable steering column questions Austin Healey 14
G TR2/3/3A Fitting the Control Head - Telescoping [Adjustable] Wheel Triumph 20
B Wanted Need '58 TR3 adjustable steering set up Triumph Classifieds 4
60BN7 Adjustable Steering Column Won't Lock Austin Healey 9
D BT7 adjustable steering column / steering wheel Austin Healey 1
maxwedge5281 Trafficators, Adjustable vs. Non-Adjustable Austin Healey 14
4tecdog Adjustable Steering how? Austin Healey 8
maxwedge5281 adjustable trunnion Austin Healey 15
CJD TR2/3/3A Adjustable vs Non-adjustable Control Heads Triumph 4
brgrmyster GT6 Sourcing the adjustable control rod 69-70 GT6+ Triumph 1
J Armstrong adjustable lever shocks Spridgets 11
Lin Loosening adjustable steering wheel Austin Healey 3
maxwedge5281 bj7 adjustable steering column Austin Healey 14
Lbp TR2/3/3A Looking for info on adjustable steering wheel - Does a Healy wheel fit? Triumph 9
Lbp TR2/3/3A TR3A - Converting Adjustable Steering Wheel to Standard? Triumph 16
DanLewis Electronically Adjustable Timing and Dwell Spridgets 7
B Rocking movement in adjustable steering wheel Austin Healey 6
Crankshaft Adjustable steering column? Triumph 11
Lbp Looking for Adjustable Steering WHeel Triumph 5
S WTB: Non-Adjustable Horn Button for a 3000 Austin Healey 6
F Replacing the horn push adjustable steering wheel Austin Healey 7
H horn button for BN6 "non-adjustable" Austin Healey 4
B TR2/3/3A Adjustable Upper Fulcrum for TR3 Triumph 9
pkmh Removing BJ8 'Adjustable' Steering Wheel Hub Austin Healey 18
I another adjustable steering column question Austin Healey 8
M Adjustable Steering column Austin Healey 9
6 Adjustable lever shocks Spridgets 5