• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 finding a tr6 repair manual

floyd

I had recently bought a Workshop Manual on cd that was suppose to cover from 69 to 76. It really covers up to 74, although it does give specs up to 76. I'm looking for a manual that covers 75. I've seen the Bentleys and the Haynes books for sell. Can anyone tell me if one or the other is better and does it cover 75? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the only difference from the 75 is the air injection system and the Z-S carbs are different? Thanks for any help....

G

I agree with Mike, the Bentley is the only way to fly. New reprints are available, but they do leave out a lot of the specs sections. Getting a used Blue Bentley is a better find, although they usually have a nice coating of oil and grease on them. None of the books will go into great detail on carb breakdown, sometimes you might have to go with a professional rebuilder if you need help.

Bill

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
Bill:
It is disappointing that the book actually leaves anything out as the new reprints(?)advertisement acually state they not only have the drivers book but also it includes "more" than the original books.

bash

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Just in case you decide to buy a new Bentley manual, I have found that they are much cheaper at amazon.com than the parts suppliers. Something like $35 shipped. They also have the Haynes carb manual for about $15 (you need the Weber manual, which also covers ZS, by the way), but it doesn't seem to go into much more detail than the workshop manual from what I can tell.

Hope that's useful
Alistair

Bill Redd

Jedi Hopeful
I think it's Amazon that will actually hook you up with any used copies that can be found...
Great resource...

OP
floyd

floyd

I thank you all for the quick replies. I'm hoping the Bentley covers the 75 in more detail than the CD I have. When you say used, Your meaning not a reprint?

G

Reprints are white in color and cover the whole technical section (which is what you want) of the manual.
Used meaning an original blue-colored book that has everything in the book and is about 50% larger in size.

Bill

D

DougF

Another good book to refer to is the Triumph Repair Operation Manual that was put out by British Leyland. Mine covers TR4's, 5's, 250's, and 6's. This book has much better breakdowns for wiring diagrams as the changes were made.
Bentley and Haynes leave you to make a few guesses. Example, there were colors in the later diagrams that weren't covered, but in the BL book , you can reference back to earlier diagrams that have the info.
I'm certain that these are much harder to find, but I have seen them on ebay. Worth the purchase. One can never have too much reference material when working on these cars.

G

If that is indeed the "blue" book, then that is the one to get. I didn't know that edition was still available.

Bill

Andy Blackley

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I also got my Bentley from Amazon. A great buy to be sure.
I also use the Haynes Manual. It is a little more "user friendly" and has a thing or two not found in Bentley, plus their famous photos taken during dissassembly. Taken together you will have an excellent resource library.