• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Adding pictures?

PlaidMan

Country flag
Definitely computer challenged, was able to upload pictures to Member's Picture but don't know how to add them to a post. Any help much appreciated, Charlie.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Sign up for Photobucket and when you upload a photo it will give you a list of choices for download

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

Click on the IMG code and where you want it to paste just paste it in. Pretty simple. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
or try this ...

When you start a thread, you'll find "File Manager" at the bottom of the text window. After typing your text in the text window, click File Manager and follow the steps (Browse, Add photo, Done adding photos). Then "Submit" to put your post and photo on the forum.

Same goes for replying to a post, but you have to use Reply, not Quick Reply, to add a photo.

When using File Manager, be sure your photo is around 40K or less, and sized around 200x150 pixels.

Hope this helps.
Tom

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Brosky said:
Actually Tom, I usually post 550 X 413 pics that are easy to see, but stay under Basils size limit.

I use the Micro$oft's free Power Toys Image Resizer program which is fast and easy to do.

https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Paul - what exactly is Basil's size limit? I've always been guessing! Is there something here that actually tells us the max filesize and max pixel size (l&w)?

Thanks.
Tom

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Seems there are a *lot* of posts on "how do I add pictures"? Even a few where folks say they've just given up.

I'd think it would be really helpful if the File Manager window actually said outright what the filesize (bytes) and pixel size limits are.

And if there were a sticky at the top of each Forum on how to link from photo websites?

Just a thought ... might save folks a lot of grief.

Tom

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
Simply go to https://www.photobucket.com set up an account.
Upload your pix. copy the https:// address for the pic you want to post. paste it into your post with at the begining and end of the address!

[img]https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/KODANJA7/DSC01531.jpg

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Tom,
FAQ section under help,

To keep the forums loading quickly for everyone, it is recommended that you do not exceed 35k for your image size.

Members Picture area,
file size limit is 200K I think.

Here's what I usually PM to those who ask about posting pics.

Welcome to the forum,

The easiest way to post a pic in your message body is to upload your photo to a web site such as Photobucket. You first set up your own free account with your own password etc.. Once set up you will see a dialog box where you click on browse and choose the pic you want uploaded to photobucket from your hard drive. You can upload pictures or movies. Here is the site.

https://s90.photobucket.com/

Once your photos are uploaded you will notice an album of all your pictures forming below the choose an image upload box. Here's the fun part you have to have the British Car Forum message reply box open in one window and your Photobucket album open in another window. Type some message in the BCF reply box and at any point in your message body go to your photobucket album and under the photo you will see three boxes below the photo. Choose the bottom box that has IMG in front of the box. You want to left click once on the IMG code box and make it turn blue. You then want to right click on the blue part once and a small box will open and you then left click on and choose "copy". You then return to BCF message body and right click in the BCF message reply box and another little box opens up and you left click on the word paste. Some text will now appear that looks like the funky code Basil tells you to use but it's done automatically for you through the copy and paste routine I just gave you. That funky text is where your picture will appear. Don't worry about leaving space above and below. The picture will automatically move your text as the picture forms once you hit the submit button. You will only see text until you press the submit or preview buttons. Anyway upload some photos and give it a try. Once the photos are uploaded it's a just a matter of getting you to copy and paste correctly.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Harry - you mean you PM that info too? LOL - guess I'll stop doing it!

Thanks.

Tom
snow on its way - time to put the chains on TeeYah's wheels and bolt the plow on the front bumper again.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
test

Attachments

• 8703.jpg
    8703.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 97

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
thanks. this one is 501x375 garage shot was 200x100. are they ok or should i just get photobucket to not hog space?

Attachments

• 8704.jpg
    8704.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 123

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I shoot all of my pictures in HQ mode, which yields a 2-3 meg original .jpg. From there, I use Microsoft's Power Toys Image Resizer, to bring them down to a "custom" size of 550 X 413. That fits well with Basil's requirements and the picture is only 50-70KB, with decent resolution.

This size also fits well on the screen sizes of all computers without having to scroll across the page to see the picture in it's entirety.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
ok thanks for the info here. fact is today is the first day i have downloaded photos to computer. i have photo impression and got this one 550x413 70kb. so it works! i need to mess with it some. i know this photo belongs in another forum, from road america last summer.

Attachments

• 8718.jpg
    8718.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 94

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Well, if you had to bring an interloper into the Triumph forum for testing purposes, at least you brought one with class.

Nice Healey!