• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Who sells best ribcase rebuild kit?

Dug

Jedi Trainee
Kit?
Stick with the Payen gaskets, figure on buying all the bulk rings, lay shaft, lay shaft bearings, the anti rattle parts and a few other bearings that "once" it's apart you will see.
I'm unaware of any kit as the gearboxes are rebuilt mostly on specific needs.

Also pick up a new input shaft bushing to install into the back of the crankshaft. Pick up a Clymer’s Sprite & MG Midget shop manual if you can. The Clymer’s has been out of print for some time but Ebay and used motorbook dealers will have copies from time to time. Great for step by step with pictures.
dug

Tim Hollister

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
58Custom said:
I gotta get busy on the trans if I want to drive.

Tom,

A couple years back I bought two of the overhaul kits Victoria British sells on page 91 of their online catalog and have been satisfied with them. Keep in mind though that additional parts may be needed based on your inspection after disassembly. Try this URL for the VB info:

Victoria British Transmission Parts

Hope this helps! :smile:

Tim

bugimike

Yoda
The outfit I have dealt with (and which I would highly recommend)when working on trannies and tranny parts is Quantumechanics in Monroe Ct. (tel.:203-459-9612) John really knows his stuff and is very helpful!!

OP
58Custom

58Custom

Jedi Warrior
Dug said:
Kit?
Stick with the Payen gaskets, figure on buying all the bulk rings, lay shaft, lay shaft bearings, the anti rattle parts and a few other bearings that "once" it's apart you will see.
I'm unaware of any kit as the gearboxes are rebuilt mostly on specific needs.

Also pick up a new input shaft bushing to install into the back of the crankshaft. Pick up a Clymer’s Sprite & MG Midget shop manual if you can. The Clymer’s has been out of print for some time but Ebay and used motorbook dealers will have copies from time to time. Great for step by step with pictures.

There just happened to be a Clymer's midget manual on Ebay. And now it's aaaaalll mine. I have a Bentley's in the mail as well. Funny how things happen. When I needed a rear, I bought one off of Ebay, then found one in the junkyard. Yesterday, I won a 4 speed on Ebay, and today I decided to go way on up to the Lancaster Ecology self serve yard. No Datsun 210s but I did get another ribcase.

VB and Quantum have basic gasket, seal, bearing and layshaft kits that provide the bulk of the parts needed. I know I will need some other stuff. I was just wondering if the kits differed from each other.

OP
58Custom

58Custom

Jedi Warrior
regularman said:
Nissan :wink:

NO.

<span style="font-size: 12pt">DATSUN 210</span>
<span style="font-size: 8pt">By Nissan</span>

Or so the trunk lid sez. :smile:

I saw foru today, but not a 5 speed to be had. I was too late in one instance, and in another, I'm sure the owner would have come back to the parking lot before I was finished.