• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What's The Weirdest Thing Anyone Ever Said or Asked You About Your Car?

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I'll go first: Yesterday, some guy asked me, "Is that a coupe?" My top was down and covered by a boot cover. I told him it was a convertible. I can't imagine what he thinks a coupe actually is?:confuse::confuse::confuse:

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
"You must have been well off to buy a new sports car at 18"
My 100 was 14 years old, a bit of a wreck, and I paid $525.00.

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
We have a friend, considerably younger than my wife and I are, who was trying to describe the old British sports car I had given her a ride in to somebody else. She couldn't remember the name but she knew it had someone's last name in it and it was two words. She eventually called us and related the story. At the time the best she could come up with was that it was a two seater "Bob Marley". I don't see the connection but as they say in Jamaica " A true" (that's no lie).

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
AT one car meet I was asked what color my car was. I responded " RED ". The lady with the gentleman said lets go he just doesn't want to tell us.

The truth of the matter is:

The day it came to paint the car my son went to pick up the paint from the shop. The shop was closed. So being as I was working in a friends Restoration shop i simply pulled all the cans of left over red paint and mixed them. shooting swatches as I went along. I finally just gave up and shot the car .

To this day I do not know what color red it is. I use the computer to match when required.---:highly_amused:

Country flag
A few years ago on the way to the Rendezvous in Eugine OR, we overnighted in Alturis. An 80 something lady came up to us while we were putting on the car cover. She had her "Dixie" cup with wine in it and said what a nice car we have. Then, she stated,"I had sex in one of those years ago". My wife and I are still wondering how.

OP
60TR3A

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
A few years ago on the way to the Rendezvous in Eugine OR, we overnighted in Alturis. An 80 something lady came up to us while we were putting on the car cover. She had her "Dixie" cup with wine in it and said what a nice car we have. Then, she stated,"I had sex in one of those years ago". My wife and I are still wondering how.
It can be done. I managed it when I was a teenager in my '60 TR3 back in the day.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

She thought it was a Bug eye TH--:encouragement:

OP
60TR3A

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I've had mine called an Aston Martin once and just the other day I overheard a man in his sixties tell his wife that "this is the same car James Bond..."

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
Had just bought a british racing green RHD Bugeye. Only wanted the hardtop but had to buy the whole car. Took it to the local car wash to hose her down....man strolled by and saw the "collector" tags on the car (from another car) . And said "collector car huh, where are the floors?"

Pete

RAC68

Darth Vader
While parked on a local street a while back, an elegant looking lady, probably in her late 70s, came up to me and started a conversation while looking at my Healey.

"I owned one of them when I was younger but I think mine was automatic. It didn't go to fast though because it only had 2 speeds (stall and fast). When I pressed the peddle, I could put it in drive and I could go faster by switching on something. A cheaply built car and highly impractical so I got rid of it. Really tough to drive...it kept stalling. Nice looking but I'd get rid of it if I were you."

I didn't have the heart to correct her.

Ray (64BJ8P1)

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
A very elegant lady stopped aside a me at a traffic light and while she didn't ask a question she commented, "Well it certainly looks like you're having fun in your little red wagon." I replied, " Indeed I am." That was a remark I've not forgotten.

OP
60TR3A

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
For every strange comment I've gotten I've had about 100 times as many shout outs, horn beeps, thumbs up and spontaneous exclamations of, "beautiful car!" That happens every time I drive into town here in Woodstock, VT. In the space of a half hour parked on the street in front of the cafe where I usually have breakfast I see numerous people stop and ogle the car and take pictures. This happens daily. Feels good.

Attachments

• IMG_1789.jpg
    IMG_1789.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 91

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
A particularly attractive young woman working at a farm stand looked over my Healey as I made my purchase, then asked "so does it help to have a cool car?" Ouch!

OP
60TR3A

60TR3A

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
A particularly attractive young woman working at a farm stand looked over my Healey as I made my purchase, then asked "so does it help to have a cool car?" Ouch!
Just last week a really beautiful young woman in her early twenties called out through her car window, "Beautiful car! Very pretty!" I resisted the urge to tell her she was also beautiful and pretty so as to keep my dignity since I'm old enough to be her grandfather.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My favorite comments, although not really weird, focus on my car's lumpy cam and somewhat, ahem, "free-flowing" exhaust. While stuck in traffic in a local beach town, a guy yells off the porch of a beach house, "That's no stock Healey motor!" And at a local car show a few weeks ago, "That sounds mean!" Mission accomplished.