• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

what goes here?

JMACK

Freshman Member
Hi, another question about putting my '76 B back together(problem is I didn't take it apart) I think this will be easy but I haven't been able to ID this part in any of the order books or in photos. On the rear deck before the trunk lid, there is a large threaded hole on both sides about 1/4" or so, what goes in there and what is it called? One more, on iether side just rear of the door latch there are four holes in a square and then a single hole to the rear of the four, same question as above.Thanks for the help on the window, and any help with this one would be great!Thanks, John

JTB

Could be for the bar but on my 69 there are two small holes to hold each of the 2 bar fittings and are just good sized posi or phillips screws from inside trunk. If the holes are closer to the rear of the cockpit they may (depending on the year of car) be for the bolts holding the seat belts. There were large chromed bolts with a rubber tab that fit there. Some company in Canada (Mackintosh??) sells little rubber plugs to plug the holes. I just put the original chrome bolts back in to fill the holes.

JTB

also...the 4 holes (kind of on top, correct) are for steel part that holds the edge of the top. They are pop riveted in, if I remember correctly. The one behind it...I am not sure (there is nothing in the one on mine as I had the same issue not having been the one to take all the stuff off) is likely for a snap base or stud (snap I believe) for the tonneau. Would like to see the responses as I have never had a tonneau and wasn't really sure.

G

The two large holes on the top rear deck on my car have plastic plugs in them and I don't use them for anything. The bolts that fasten the seat belts in fit those holes so it may have been an alternate point for a shoulder strap. I lost one of my plugs for a short time and couldn't find any mention of them anywhere in any catalog. They aren't for the hard top as mine fastens to the chrome hooks the soft top hooks to.
The four holes if I picture what you said correctly, are for the plastic holder designed to hold the end of your seatbelt when you are parked. The other hole further back is for a snap but at the moment I cant remember what it is for. I think it is for part of the toneau cover that covers the top when it is down.
Bob

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited by: mrbassman ]</p>

jimd

I was wondering about the rear deck holes myself (my 69 has bolts in them). I bought two 3 point seat belt harnesses from Wesco in CA and used the bolts to anchor the shoulder strap. I used the old lap buckle at that location so I could clear the way for the top when stowing it, then reconnect it. You might want to try that.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
2 large holes on rear deck were for seatbelts...there was a period of time when they were located up there....as for the 4 holes on the side, if they're where I think they are, they're what holds the top bows to the body....could you post pics so we can see better what you're talking aobut?