• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Washer bottle strap

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
I have a 69 TR6 with one of the square washer bottles. There are only two small remnants left of the strap that are quite brittle at this point. Can someone tell me what type of material was there originally - was it elastic, or none elastic with a way to snug it around the bottle? Also, I am missing one of those plastic covered electrical connections that goes on the end of the wires going to the washer bottle motor ( probably because the water bottle got loose). Anyone know where I can get one? Thanks for your help.
Kevin

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Not sure of the original material, but it was elastic. Roadster Factory still lists the mounting bracket available, which includes the strap.

OP
I

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
Thanks, Randy. It was so old I couldn't even tell it was elastic anymore. I don' want to buy the whole bracket, so I guess it is time for a trip to the fabric store.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Looks like a fat ol straw colored gum band

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I had the same problem and tried an elastic band on mine, no matter how much I tightened it the stretch would allow the bottle to come a little askew, I finally just bought a whole new bracket when somebody had them on sale, don't remember who, I am sure there is something you can use, but I didn't figure it out.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Hopefully elastic will work okay, but if not, this sounds a lot like the strap used on E-Types of the same period:

Washer Bottle Strap from XKs Unlimited

F28676103.png

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Wow george
Opened that XK unlimited link and the AVG went nuts

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
George I think you hit the nail on head with this one. I tried some time ago to find this strap without any luck. It looks just like the original, thank you.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Sorry, the car is in the shop for paint so I cannot measure the strap but this photo may give some notion of the size:

WasherBottle_zps0491c858.jpg

Yes, I get that too each time I initially look at the site. I, too, have AVG running but people with other anti-virus software don't seem to encounter anything. Possibly some harmless feature that AVG perceives as a threat?

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Wow george

Norton also detected it as Blackhole Toolkit Website 31. I e-mailed them with the details letting them know their website appears to be infected (or have some compromised URL link on it).

Scott

OP
I

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
Don, How do you know? I have the square bottle by the way. For what it's worth, I had no problems opening the site .

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Yes, I get that too each time I initially look at the site. I, too, have AVG running but people with other anti-virus software don't seem to encounter anything. Possibly some harmless feature that AVG perceives as a threat?

I'm not getting it any more with Norton so not sure if it was fixed or it could depend upon what particular server you hit if they host on multiple servers.

Scott

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Just looking at that pic,and I'm going by fuzzy memory, the one on the 6 is bigger.
Ask George to measure it

OP
I

ichthos

Darth Vader
Country flag
Well, I think Don is correct. The person that emailed me back says he sells water bottle straps to customers other than jags. However, the one they sell measures 1"x14". I have no idea how much the stuff stretches on the TR6 , but I figured we would need a strap 3/4"x 18". If someone else could post a measurement that does still have a strap, I could contact the company and see if they could get one of these.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I think the one TRF sells is a 1/2" to 3/4" wide