• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Unusual 1963 Honda S600 Sports Car

A

Americanshine

Well, unless you knew exactly what you were looking at, it would all be a mystery. BUT, I just aquired a 1964 Honda S600 Sports car. Complete, in good running condition. Right hand drive, and chain driven. From what I can tell, there are only 2 in the US that I know of.

This one came out of the garage of a freind of mine that passed away. Great guy, old-timer that had stuff stuck away for years. He was holding onto it for another freind of his mother, who was presented this car back in 1964 from the President of the Honda Corp.

We, here at American Shine Products are going to clean it up and maintain it for the lady who owns it. She wants us to keep it up and drive it for her as well as keep it at the shop. It will be put on display in our warehouse, after we detail it and do some maintanence to it. Just click on the attachment to view the car. Check it out, pretty interesting car, don't cha think?

Attachments

• 256692-Honda.jpg
    256692-Honda.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 215
Very cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Ooh... I'll be there in a heartbeat to take a look (and to photograph it to death... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Too bad Calgary is a long way from southern California...

Those are very neat little sports cars, I've never seen one in person yet, I believe it has chain drive which I've heard interesting things about

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Neat.
And yeah, the 600 *is* rare.

I've seen several S800 roadsters at vintage events, in fact I've raced against one (it's a fair amount faster than my Spridget).

If you click on the link below, you'll see the red S800 I've raced (it's on the 6th panel down in the picture...I'm in there somewhere too). Note: If the picture "shrinks", hover over a corner of the picture until you see a 4-headed arrow icon and click on that icon to zoom it back to full size.

https://www.september8th.com/BEAVERUN-VRG-HISTORICS-2006/BEAVERUN-VRG-HISTORICS-2006-W3.jpg

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
WOW! That beats everything I've ever found!

R6MGS

Yoda
I think I've mentioned this here before but there is an S600 sitting about 2 minutes from my house, on a trailor, in some womans driveway....Has a hardtop too and looks like a very solid car....I've asked to buy it many times but the owner has no interest in selling. I've been keeping an eye on it and just recently the paint has 'failed' in a few areas allowing nature to take it's course....But still very savable right now...Although in a few years all she is gunna have will be a few plastic peices and a hardtop left.

Steve_S

Yoda
Hey, that's neat! It will be a very interesting display for you. Next time I'm up your way I might have to swing by and get a closer look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
Wow - that is definitely a neat little car. The chain drive is a funky way of getting IRS. I think I posted a pic a while back in a different thread.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Beautiful find! and what a great history!
Only 2 huh? I gotta call my uncle
He has one. I'm pretty sure it's an S600. It looks just like your pic. He brought it back with him from Tokyo after his tour in the military in the early 70s. as far as I know it's still within his reach in Orlando Fl. Of course he stuffed the Buick aluminum V8 in it with a narrowed Olds rear end.and a rat-fink style super long shifter that stuck up over the windscreen. (still right hand drive even)
Dad said it would do donuts at the drop of a hat.
I know I have a pic at dads house. I'll get it and scan it.

R6MGS

Yoda
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif I gotta see that pic

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I think are more than 2 of them in the US.
I saw one on craigslist for sale ( I think it was in the San Francisco area.

- Doug

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
I used to have one, back in the UK. Mine was a '65 coupe. I had it from '67 to '77. I still have the steering wheel and the tool kit. The wheel is a reminder why woodrims were banned from competition - it is splintered after a mild impact.
I wish I still had the car, even though mine ended up very non-standard, with 700cc engine, 5-speed 'box, disk brakes on the front, lowered wih konis all round, uprated torsion bars and rear coils.
Blew Spridgets into the weeds - I could draw alongside one flat out and then change up. Happy days!

beaulieu

Jedi Warrior
Bill Krause Honda ?

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Here's some other pictures I took of the Honda S800 at the Pitttsburgh Vintage.
I think he was shifting at something like 12000 rpm.
On the back of the car, it says "Sayonara!"

I will be at Summit Point WV for a VRG vintage race next weekend and I may see this car at that event too.

mccabe_vrg06_s800.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

mccabe_vrg06_s800engine.jpg

For more pictures of our fun at the Pittsburgh Vintage (at BeaveRun) go ~HERE~.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
"Bill Krauss Honda"
I wonder if that's the same Bill Krauss of Cobra test driver fame... (as in, the first driver to test drive the original 260cid Shelby Cobra)

beaulieu

Jedi Warrior
Bill Krause Honda was in Inglewood , California , and one of the first Honda car dealers,

Its in the same area as Shelby was / is in Gardena

BEAULIEU

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
As promised, Here's the pics I found of "Uncle Harrys Honda"
These were taken Sept. 9th 1973 up at my grandfathers property. The only way to get to this campsite by car is to drive up a steep, narrow, Jeep trail for about a 1/2 mile. Yet I also have pictures of a TR6 and an MGB at this site (the MGB on the same day as this).
The one pic shows the obvously modified rear. and a custom hood scoop. also note it's RHD
253743842_6861b89caa.jpg

253743844_270b034da2.jpg

In the second pic, that's "uncle Harry" seated. and my dad standing with the super-8 video camara.