• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

SVRA US Zippo GP Sept 5-9

Twosheds

Darth Vader
Have a good time and tell us all about it when you return. Looks like I won't be going.

MotorHead67

Jedi Hopeful
Howdy Monk,
I've been going to this event this for about twenty years now but I'll have to miss it this year (long story).

Always a great place to rub shoulders with some of the all time greats in the automotive world. I met Zora Arkus-Duntov (RIP) there a bunch of years back. Tommy Kendal, Vick Edelbrock and family, Bobby Rahal...all nice guys and easy to talk with.

Years ago they used to race vintage bikes too.

Oh well, next year.

Have fun! Don't drink too much!

Mike

BBShriver

Freshman Member
I was there.
LOTS of rain. Still a great time though, and Seneca Lodge was all it was hyped up to be.
Met Burt Levy (www.lastopenroad.com) who seems to be a great all around guy.
Unfortunately didn't get to see much racing. Oh well, that's what next year is for!

OP
M

Monkeywrench

Jedi Trainee
It sure was a wet one. Thurs-Fri was hot and humid. Saturday the skys opened up around noon and didn't let up until sometime after I left Sunday (it probally is still raining up there).

We did good qualifying on pole by a good margin and qualified 5th overall right behind some FAST cars in the next class up. Unfortuantly it decided to rain, so the driver didn't want to risk his car since we're not looking to hurt the car and backed off on a wet track Sat. and didn't run in the soaking wet track Sunday morning.

John,

Steve looked great out there. He finished 2nd in class on Sunday and dropped 11 seconds a lap between his 1st and last practice session. He ran out of dry sessions, which was a bummer because I know he would have gone even faster.

Twosheds

Darth Vader
Monkeywrench said:
It sure was a wet one. Thurs-Fri was hot and humid. Saturday the skys opened up around noon and didn't let up until sometime after I left Sunday (it probally is still raining up there).

We did good qualifying on pole by a good margin and qualified 5th overall right behind some FAST cars in the next class up. Unfortuantly it decided to rain, so the driver didn't want to risk his car since we're not looking to hurt the car and backed off on a wet track Sat. and didn't run in the soaking wet track Sunday morning.

John,

Steve looked great out there. He finished 2nd in class on Sunday and dropped 11 seconds a lap between his 1st and last practice session. He ran out of dry sessions, which was a bummer because I know he would have gone even faster.

Too bad about the rain. And that your driver decided to not drive in it, but of course he knows best.

Steve is a heckuva driver! And I guess he's learning to be a mechanic now since I talked him through R&Ring the head over the 'phone! Must have done O.K.

OP
M

Monkeywrench

Jedi Trainee
Steve's car looked to be running great.

Dick has been around for a while and has "been there and done that". If he was running for points or a championship he would have gone out, but he plans to race a few more times this season so there was no point in putting the car in a position to be wrecked.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Monkeywrench said:
Steve's car looked to be running great.

What type of car?

(BTW: We had heavy rain on Saturday for a while during our 2 Hour enduro at Pocono, but everyone just kept slogging away....15 minutes before the end, we had to call it due to lightning, for the safety of the flaggers. Sunday was fine.)

Twosheds

Darth Vader
Here is Steve and Spitfire at the Turkey Bowl last year. It was his first outing in the car and he did quite well. It's the small displacement (1147? sorry, I should know this) but it has dual Webers so it's a Group 3 car in SVRA. Nicely put together.

Attachments

• 7499.jpg
    7499.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 75

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I talked to Ross Bremer last night.He has some cool
English Ford vintage racecars.
He told me that he was on the way home from the Glen,
&was in NC.I was hoping to see the cars tommorrow,but we're
heading to St.Augustine in the morning.Bummer!

- Doug