• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bonneville AH Sept 16-19

HealeyPassion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'm wondering if some of you are planning on going to the AH Streamliner return to Bonneville? It is currently scheduled for Sept. 16-19th...... it still could get moved, but so far that's the planned dates.

Healey Marque had a bit on it in the last issue. I called the Wendover Nugget (775-664-2221) and booked 4 nights just in case it happens as scheduled. The cancelation policy is liberal so pleny of time to cancel if they move the date. I probably can't make it another date, but that one would work for me.

It would be great to have a bunch of Healey guys there to hang with if it happens. Besides, hangin' out at the salt flats could be really boring between runs if there weren't other Healey guys to talk to :smile:. Just in case, I'm bringing my son.....I'm not sure he knows what he's in for but he's been to other car stuff with me so he's not completely clueless.

Cheers,
Steve

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Steve,

There's at least a half dozen members of the Austin-Healey Club of Oregon going. A few of our members are close friends with Steve Pike and I believe might be assisting in the runs or at least transportation here in the states. https://healey-oregon.org/page/3

Unfortunately my last vintage race of the season is at the same time, but I know there should be a good Aussie presents there as well.

Dougie

OP
HealeyPassion

HealeyPassion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I got a note from the guys in Australia today saying they were still on schedule for making the Sept. 16-19 dates. I'm going to be there.....how about you? I think this is a pretty historic Healey event.....it may be a recreation but for those of us that missed the 1954 event it's the next best thing.

Cheers,
Steve

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Just recently I wathched the NZ movie, The Worlds Fastest Indian, and couldn't help think of the original Healey event at Bonneville.

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
HealeyPassion said:
I'm wondering if some of you are planning on going to the AH Streamliner return to Bonneville?

Sherry and I are planning to RV and trailer the Healey from Dallas to the CO Springs, Denver, Longmont area for a 8-10 days or so, then on to Bonneville to attend the festivities.

I am in weekly contact with <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"Healeys Return to Bonneville"</span></span> Team Manager, Charles Matthews in England, and if anything changes, I'll post it here ASAP.

For more, please visit Healeys Return to Bonneville.com

-------------
Steve, where in CO are you ?

Tim

OP
HealeyPassion

HealeyPassion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Tim (Cottontop), I'm about half way between Colorado Springs and Denver....Larkspur..... we are just about 3 miles west of I-25. When are you coming through? I have a room booked in Wendover, NV for the 16-19th. I will be coming in from CA where I will be for my nephews wedding. I'm on the Healeys Return to Bonneville newsletter distribution list (which I highly recommend to anyone with an interest in this event) and have exchanged emails with Bruno (writes the newsletter) as late as last week and he said they are still on schedule for the Bonneville dates.

Cheers,
Steve