• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

SVRA @ VIR

Webb Sledge

Jedi Warrior
I hope no one minds that I keep posting photos I take of random events here on the forum...

I went to VIR again, for the second time this year for the Sportscar Vintage Racing Association races on the 16 and 17. A spectator had driven a genuine M-B 300SL Gullwing there, though I didn't get a picture of it (it wasn't racing). As always, I took pictures of the race, so check them here (click on the SVRA @ VIR album):

https://community.webshots.com/user/triumphroadster6

Also, there is a good chance I named a few of the cars wrong, so if you know what type one is, please let me know so I can update it with the correct title.

Stinky

Jedi Trainee
Hey Webb, Where is VIR?

I mean what town/city. Obviously it's in Virginia LOL!

Bugeye58

Yoda
Stinky, it's about halfway between Danville and South Boston. With the completion of the latest update, it is now officially the longest road course in the country at 4.2 miles. Elkhart Lake, (Road America) is only 4 miles.
Jeff

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thanks for the show, hope to get up there in the spring. What no Roadster's? Wayne

OP
Webb Sledge

Webb Sledge

Jedi Warrior
VIR is very long. Even the fastest Formula 1 car there this weekend was running ~1:45, which is incredibly fast. The back straight is 4000 ft long, and the front is 3000ft. Most of the other cars (TRs, MGs, etc) were lapping at about 3 to 4 minutes. The Ascari-Benneton F1 car, the fastest there, was hitting 185+ down the back straight. I talked to the driver, and that figure came from him. I believe he was sponsered by the european car maker Ascari, since he drove a HUGE tractor trailer and had a pit crew and the works. The general concensus among the other drivers racing in his class was that he had more money than brains though. During qualifying, he went off the track at 170mph....

Bugeye58

Yoda
Webb, here is something that may make identifying your excellent photos somewhat easier. The entry list is usually available at the race, and makes it easy to cross check things later. Sometimes, a last minute car number change may be required, so if you have the list with you, you can verify that you have the most current information. There is a search fuction on the file, so you can search by car number, make, drivers name, etc.
Keep up the good work!

https://www.svra.com/SVRA/SVRAHome.nsf/at...pdf?OpenElement

Jeff