• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Princess is alive!/question

willy_1959

Hey all

Just fired up that healey 3000 that I bought back in july, first time she has ran since 1989, sure is neet to hear her take her first breaths in her new surroundings, wish it wasnt so dang cold out, I might try her around the block......

as i was fiddin by the dash, I noticed a little round plunger type of control. I dont have a owners manual (I need one if anyone has one for sale) and I cant find anything about it in the service manual

so What does it do?

Bugeye58

Yoda
Willy, congratulations on breathing life back into the old girl. Don't worry, I have it on good authority that spring is just around the corner. Of course the corner is 1000 miles away!
Just a guess on my part, but could that little round plunger control be the push for the windshield washer pump? I'm not that familar with the big cars, but several of my LBC's have the manual pump for the squirters.
I'm sure someone will give you a definitive answer. Soon.
Jeff

Jim Weatherford

Jedi Trainee
Congrats of getting her running and hopefully back on the road.

Spring is here already for us, last Monday it was 81 degrees f, Tuesday it was 79 degrees, Wednesday it was 68 degrees, oh and today it was 72 degrees. There are some value to living in Southern California.

MikeTriCarb

Freshman Member
Hey Willy, I,ve been dreaming of hearing that same sweet sound myself. It must be just great to hear it for the first time. Mine has been sitting in a garage for 27 years before I bought it. It's been with me now for the last 3 years, still waiting. This may be the year. I've met some great people on this site, I know that I'll get all the help I need.I think my next purchase should be a furnace for the garage. Good work and good luck to you. Mike

OP
W

willy_1959

Hey
your a neighbor
smile.gif
Kenosha! we should get together some time for a coffee or a beer!

I Dont think princess will be far enuf along for the Global cruise, But my Bugeye sure should be ready, if you like, you can ride shotgun, lemme know.

I bought an electric garage heater from menards, runs on 220, and is real efficent, I keep it at 35 out there when im not working, but turn it up an hour b4 I want to work, it does real good. Right now I had some propane left over from a job Im building in Kenosha, so rather than send back the bottles to Vans's gas full Im using it for aux heat, kinda "free" heat, if I knew how to email you "off" list from here, I would mine is willy@thompsoncarpentry.com

Rick G

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by willy_1959:
Hey all

Just fired up that healey 3000 that I bought back in july, first time she has ran since 1989, sure is neet to hear her take her first breaths in her new surroundings, wish it wasnt so dang cold out, I might try her around the block......

as i was fiddin by the dash, I noticed a little round plunger type of control. I dont have a owners manual (I need one if anyone has one for sale) and I cant find anything about it in the service manual

so What does it do?
<hr></blockquote>

Rick G

If it is like my 60...it is definately the windshield washer. I hope it works....mine does not. Anyone know where I can get a replacement ?

bradal

Jedi Hopeful
Rick: The pumps are fairly indestructible as long as they are not obviously damaged or have something broken off. Before you give up on it, try immersing the entire pump assembly in a pail of water and push the plunger repeatedly. Often they get dried out from non-use and will respond to this treatment. Mine did. I hope this works for you. AL Bradley

Bugeye58

Yoda
Willy, have we established whether the plunger thingy you are referring to is in fact the washer pump? If it's on the face of the dash, my guess would be that this is what we're taking about. If it's under the speedo, it has to be the trip odo reset, as David suggested.
Enquiring minds want to know!
smile.gif

Jeff

OP
W

willy_1959

The button is on the face of the dash, the washer pump makes sense, I havent had any time to check it out, weekends, are my car time
wink.gif
well actually, I did go out and look, and its not to do with the speedo.

I ordered a owners manual last night
smile.gif

OP
W

willy_1959

Thanks for the tip on the catologue, I kinda forgot about that.... BUT i just looked at the picture on line, and they dont show that plunger, but then it got the best of me and went out and crawled under the dash,,,yes it is indeed the washer pumper,,,,mystery solved, sort of, wonder why that is not shown on the moss pic? wonder if mine was added by some one?

cant wait to get my owners manual
wink.gif