• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Princess Vanden Plas

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Just down the road from me! Neat car:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Make...0e1c30678&item=141226608248&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Princess.JPG

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Proper auto for a Vicar to be driven to work in!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Proper auto for a Vicar to be driven to work in!

Agreed!

But I've only three more months of "vicarious" existence.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Agreed!

But I've only three more months of "vicarious" existence.

Then a proper auto for a retired vicar! Besides, old vicars never retire - they just get put out to pastor.

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
These were sold new in Canada back then, I've seen a few examples of them up here, but I do see this one is home market... Here's one in LHD I saw a few years ago, just hope it did get restored... I do know it's not in the same place anymore...

231831431_dfbaf41747.jpg

British_Recovery

Jedi Warrior
Bronze
Country flag
Mickey and friends,
The Princess arrived in New Jersey yesterday. The engine is like the Austin-Healey six, and the main reason for it's appeal.
I usually follow the AH Forum. I welcome any input, and I'll post the questions as they present themselves.
Vicar? Never considered that profession, but you never know.
Cheers,
Bob

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Cool! Of course it didn't happen without pics.

British_Recovery

Jedi Warrior
Bronze
Country flag
First problem encountered: Car creeps when in park - with engine running and on level ground. It also creeps with the engine off and in park, if even on a slight incline. Car has the Borg-Warner 3 speed automatic and is RHD. I understand there's a pawl to keep it from doing this that might be broken. Ideas on fix welcome. Also are there any transmission swaps common? The hand brake is not working, so I need a co-pilot to place the chocks ( which were in the trunk! ).
Thanks, Bob

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Bob:

Be sure the shift linkage is pushing the transmission arm fully into Park. If it's a little loose or out of adjustment, it won't push the pawl into position.
That said, I did have a friend with a Jag sedan with the same trans and the pawl was broken. Not sure how he fixed it.

Otherwise, nice to see another Brit car in NJ. We live in Morris County but we're in the Somerville area at least once a week, so I recognize the name of your town.
Will you be at the Clinton or BritFest shows?

On a related note, I saw this '58 Morris Isis sedan out on Rt. 31 sort of near Flemington a few years ago. It was in a used car place. Gone now.

58_morris_isis.jpg

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I'm not sure I'll be able to make it (even though it's only about a mile from my house). We're watching grandkids that day at their house.
If I can sneak over in the morning to see some of my friends who are running things, I may do that. But I won't actually enter the event.

If I do drive over, I'll be in a white, wire-wheel '69 MGB or red Lotus Super 7 replica.