• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vanden Plas Princess

opurdysuree

Freshman Member
Hey all..
I am the owner of a 1961 Austin Princess Limousine, / vanden plas
I aquired the car 4 months ago and it was running, it is more than 60 % restored and I am finishing what was left to rot away. I am in the lower Usa on the coast.
I am looking for more amazing things about this car.
I would love some actually Photos of the assembly, I own the book of what you can call , specs and detail engine ect information and I have read the history of the car. However I am looking for maybe some links or someone who can lead me to find some archives or documentation of the actual factory photos of the : Making of this wonderful car..
Its truley amazing at the pre- war industry and how they aquired such ways to make the automobile. So if anyone has any real or other wise photos, it would be a dream to see what and how they did this manufactoring.
Or any comments or questions suggestions. Im all ears.
This is the Wife of the Owner and I am setting up for a grand suprise to my Hunney to obtain this information, he has been Hard at researching this history and not able to come up with much.. So I jumped in to help... thanks

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Cool...

Which kind of Princess is it? There was the Princess 3 Litre sedan (photo here)
Vanden%20Plas%203%20Litre%20Mk1.gif

Or, there was the Princess limousine (photo here)
66princess-prom-s.jpg

If it's the 3 Litre sedan, the first photo, there are a couple of brothers in Toronto who know lots about that kind of car, amongst other things owning several examples between them.

OP
O

opurdysuree

Freshman Member
Hi,
it is a Princess Limousine, I should have specified that I suppose, thanks for the Info it is greatly appricated and adore the pics...

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Just photos I found online via searching... You might find out some more information via the British Saloon Car Club of Canada... https://bsccoc.ca It's a club dedicated to the non-sporting British vehicles of the world

rotoflex

Jedi Trainee
The only Princess limo I ever saw in the southeast was up on a rack in Atlanta (maybe at Atlanta Import Auto?) in the late 70s-early 80s.

Years later I heard that one was in the Pensacola, FL area; it may have been the same one.

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
There was a elderly fellow about 2 miles from me who had 2 of the limos and used them as a chauffered rental business.
Son nuumber 3 had rented one as the wedding car and the other 3 sons drove our sunbeams in the procession.
The gentleman moved a few years a go and I don't know what happened to the cars.

OP
O

opurdysuree

Freshman Member
We are in the Limousine Business here in South Al, we are indeed restoring the Princess for weddings. Im just trying to research the making of the princess with old factory Photos, where they were built. That is the most interesting image. Cant seem to find much.