• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

more ebay fun

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior

Alan_Myers

Luke Skywalker
Hi,

Yeah, that was offered previously as a standard auction with a reserve set, which it didn't reach. Actually sounds like a lot of the work has been done and it might be a relatively good solution for someone with major tub repair ahead of them. The BIN price does seem a bit rich, but at least he's listening to offers.

Cheers!

Alan

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
And you know, I never realized these cars came with 12-cylinders!! That must be why it's so rare and expensive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

WJM

Hi All. It seems to me to be on the high side but then I am not sure of prices in US. But he does seem to be open as in his price. He seems to have done a lot of work and would probly make an easy way out for some with a rough body.
Regards and good luck John. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Stinky

Jedi Trainee
The guy stopped the auction. Apparently he thinks nobody knows what it's worth except for himself. He says he's gonna keep it, and build a car for himself.

Fact is, all of this car stuff is only worth what someone(a buyer) is willing to pay.

The fact that he listed it twice, and got no buyer is a direct indication of the market value of the item. It comes down to what the "Consumers" thinks it is worth,...not what the seller thinks it's worth.

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Interesting, if someone came to me with a rusted out frame and body and was going to pay me I beleive I would tell him to buy this setup and save not only money but a bunch of time. Wayne

BOXoROCKS

Jedi Knight
I looked at that tub also,pix aren't clear, anytime somthing is buried in primer it gets me wondering, primer over the body #s and the stone guards on the rockers,hmmm?Can't see underneath but the seams and panels looked correct.If it is what it apears to be then it is worth the money.As far as what the "consumer thinks" its worth, means little, unless the consumer is a knowledgable and accomplished body/paint man. This is what I do 7 days a week, been working on TRs and MGs etc since 1968, more or less on bodys/paint, and I want to say emphatically that there are some stupid SOBs out there who my be able to turn a wrench, and well too,but literally don't know S**t from shinola about quality finish work. I can put a show paint job,or a shiny S**t paint job on a cardboard box,and its still a cardboard box.Although its the "consumers money" is no gaurentee of product quality, up or down. Here endth the editorial on consumer worth as far as it relates to the old car resto biz.

G

[ QUOTE ]
I want to say emphatically that there are some stupid SOBs out there who my be able to turn a wrench, and well too,but literally don't know S**t from shinola about quality finish work

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great, pretty much sums me up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

I can build motors until the cows come home, and they run pretty darn well when I'm done with them, but don't get me near a rusted or dented body panel. I'd have just as much luck with that as I would trying my hand at open heart surgery.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I did full rebuilds on Trs and MGs for a few years professionally. I agree with all the above the thing that I want to know is if he has all the panals. In those few years I quickly found out that TR3s were hand built and finished. that basicly means that the doors, fenders, and other panals off of this car may not fit that car very well.It's best to try to keep the originals if at all possible.
I've tried to build a TR3 from a pile of parts(not all from the same car) it was a bodymans nightmare of panal fitting. I be'cha BOXoROCKS would agree as it sounds like he's the true pro here.
All said I don't think the price is too far off. It is a tub, frame, and some other assorted goodies

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
His asking price is what I paid for a running-driving TR3 about five years ago.

From those pictures, the work doesn't look very great -- very rough.