• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Money being spent....

Well... in addition to the new laptop that my wife bought for me, I have some money spent (or nearly anyway) on some new parts for the Alfa. I have a steering wheel, tach, uncracked dash (in proper blue), boot cover, a proper italian jack, , a couple misc switches, an interior windscreen trim set, and a crank/flywheel sensor set (both of 'em) all nearly locked in on eBay. all that for $300. Good deal or bad - you decide... fake aftermarket plastic dash's -available only in black (my car's is originally blue) sell for over $380. I think I'm doing pretty well. My wallet mildly hurts a bit though.

But, I'm finally getting some of the big parts I need to do my Alfa right. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
"nearly" Kenny...everytime I think that somebody snipes me in the last few`seconds! God luck, though - especially on the dash.

OP
kennypinkerton
Oh, I'll be on there for the end of each auction (they're all seperate)... And regardless - the dash is mine!!!!!!

I'm an ebay sniper from the early ebay days. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

bugimike

Yoda
I have been doing the same recently for the BE and got a few goodies, but I know what you mean Tony. I have also quit when bids reached what I felt was an absurd level.

Ya gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em as the old song goes, hehe!!

hottvr

Jedi Warrior
Hey Kenny,
Can you find the right blue in Vinyl Cote spray paint at the auto parts store? I've had pretty good luck lately. Don't know how blue over black will look tho.
Rick

OP
kennypinkerton
Luckily the dash I found on ebay is the proper blue. I'll let you all know tomorrow what I actually won.

OP
kennypinkerton
Well, I lost the dash and the tach... won the steering wheel, and the heater fan switch - mine was cracked badly. now I'm up for the crank sensors, the boot cover, and the alfa specific jack. Kind of similar to a MGB jack, but with a squared tube to go into the sockets in the chassis.

I'll let ya know the tally tomorrow on those.. as well as the total tally and the tally on the items I let go... You all tell me if I shuolda stuck with them or kept on going. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Nothing ventured, nothing gained....but you're getting there!

OP
kennypinkerton
I got the crank sensors and the jack... boot cover went higher than I wanted to spend. Anyway, here's the total tally:

Steering Wheel - $107.50
Fan Switch - $36.01
Jack - $19.99
set of 2 Crank Sensors - $22.50

The ones I let go were:

Dash - $225.49
top boot - $136.39
tachometer - $118.10
interior windshield trim - got sniped at 32.11

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I think that dash would have been in the $800~ $1100 range if a dealer were involved.

OP
kennypinkerton
IAP and Centerline sell black new one's for around $450. I'd like to think that for $800-1100, I could get a decent parts car.