• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB-GT MGB GT on ebay

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Ah, Jack....sorry, Doc....

hey, Jack...tell me more!

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Harumph! Missed that thread!

Rick_Stevens

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
Well, at least this seller knows the kind of pics we want to see! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Good post, Jack.

R.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Is someone in the forum bidding on this? If so, I'll leave alone.

twigworker

Jedi Trainee
Yep. It is mine.

I just have too many things on my plate to expect to get through this car in a reasonable length of time. I REALLY wanted to do a V6 conversion on it but that is just not to be any time soon. All of the parts are as described and it will make a perfect platform to do up a good car, either as a conversion or to stick an OEM drivetrain back in it. The front suspension looks to be in very good shape and without having taken it apart it looks like the rear axle and brakes have been fully rehabbed.

NO RUST anywhere ! Any rusty or questionable sheet metal has been cut out and replaced. The front fenders have had their lower sections replaced but the only way that you can tell is the different colors on the insides. As noted on the auction I have a rusty 69 GT that would make a good donor for most of the little stuff like electrics and brake lines and even a wire wheel conversion if you wanted to have the car end up that way. The V6 is sitting on an engine stand too. The thing will do so much in catapulting someone over the nasty part of a resto that I think that my reserve of $2200.00 is very reasonable.

I am not going to go to the trouble of shooting more pictures for every eBay wannabe but if someone here is really serious I can spin the thing around and supply a pic of any part of the car that you would like to see.

Birthday (day off) on the 6th and out of town for most of the 7th.

Jack

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Go for it, Baz!!

I'm interested in those engine mounts he has that are already cut off the frame rails!

twigworker

Jedi Trainee
I don't have the OEM mounts as removed from the shell. If someone needs some for the shell I was just going to torch out the pertinent sections of the '69 donor car and let the new owner slice them off and weld them in place. There is enough of the stub of the mounts still on the shell so that alignment would be really easy.

Another note...If anyone here buys these things they are welcome to leave them with me for a while until you can get your act together on pick up. I know that the winter weather might not cooperate in tying someone to a strict time frame so if it snows like heck for a while you can just wait until the roads are clear.

Jack

twigworker

Jedi Trainee
Now I get to start telling folks that I am 70 instead of 60 and let them freak out.

I am SUCH a good looking thing you know! LOL

Jack

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Go for it, Baz!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Still waiting for a freind to get back to me (re transport), he has a 72 BGT and between the two of us, none are working! Mine is getting a floorpan welded in right now and his doglegs are a mess. We're considering a parts / body donor to get at least one of them running by spring.

By the looks of this one, I'd rather just dump my drivetrain in it, then freind can have my body with good doglegs, in a kind of silence of the lambs way. That's the idea anyway, just waiting on him.
Happy Birthday Jack.

twigworker

Jedi Trainee
If you guys decide to take it for the reserve I'll just pull it off of eBay. Jack

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, we could probably help get it part way ot Illinois (if Gurley isn't out of the way) as I'm going to visit Hap in January & Jack's not too far north of him!

twigworker

Jedi Trainee
FWIW...

I have to do a show in Atlanta sometime in January, I can't recall just when right now, so I would be gone from the shop for about ten days or so during that time. I'll get the exact dates if we get that far with this.

If you have to come while I am gone you can always just drive up to the back door and take the stuff with you. I just won't be available to help load, but I will have everything in order and as long as you don't snatch Ruby, the Pug dog, I will be a happy guy. You can take Fannie the Poodle and/or Soda the Big Brown Dog but you will have to deal with Kathleen and Emily if you do. Better that you fall on your sword. LOL

Jack

Barry....who's the other MGB/GT enthusiast? Live in/around Springfield? My green MGC came from Sherman.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Rick.
We have a few that don't frequent here, in fact I saw a ?68 B tonight with a ton of salt on the road, not seen before.
Anyway, I know of about 15 around here and greater springfield, there is a chap locally, not met him personally, that does nothing but V6 - V8 conversions.
Just started a Brit Car club this summer with 60ish members from around SPI so I can ask around for Sherman (ex) owners.

I bought my green 1968 MGC from Dane Lay. We've been friends for over 20 years. He used to work for Isringhausen...now works for D.O.C. in computers. I used to know most of the enthusiasts in the area...kinda lost track of most. Maybe our paths will cross some day.