• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Leaf green? Primrose yellow???

Country flag
I just can't decide!! green? yellow? green? yellow? zebra striped green and yellow?????

Attachments

• 26262.jpg
    26262.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 332

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
What's the original color?

I'd go yellow if for no other reason than it's a rarer color.

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Currently white - has been for 30 years, originally red. Leaning towards yellow.

Country flag
I never really cared for the leaf green. I think I'd go with yellow.

smaceng

Jedi Knight
Country flag
What is the difference between leaf green and the earlier dark green? Does anyone have pictures of both?
Scott

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Leaf green is a little lighter than the british racing green. I think it probably has a touch more yellow in it. Just like the primrose yellow, there appears to be a bunch of different versions of it around.

RickB

Yoda
Leaf - dark is darker.

:jester:

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Yellow, not as common - Leaf Green is nice as well (like it better than BRG) but the yellow will be a fresh change.

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I had a friend do his BE in Primrose w/ black interior. Extremely shape finished product. I have photos of his completed tub after body work and paint if your interested.

markberry

Jedi Trainee
Wow! This sounds familiar.
My Bugeye was originally white from the factory, then repainted primrose yellow by a previous owner and now I'm re-painting in Leaf Green!
I liked the Primrose yellow for awhile but I thought since I was restoring the car and stripping all the old paint, I would go with a new color. I've never seen a car painted leaf green in person but I agree that there seems to be alot of color variation in cars that are painted in that color. Sometimes it seems like the color is almost olive drab, and sometimes it almost looks aqua.

Attachments

• 26268.jpg
    26268.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 276

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
They are both swell, but yellow may be more visible in dim light and therefore safer. Plus I know a hot babe who insists sportscars should be yellow.

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Tell the babe I'm going with yellow... :cheers:

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Yep, that's leaf. :yesnod:

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
There seems to be a lot of different formulas out there for the leaf green. I had a hard time getting away from the olive drab and to the lighter version, but the sample in the photo was pretty close to the green I expected. But, decided to go with the yellow.

Larry

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Thanks Ray, but don't need them at this point. We decided on the yellow, and painted the engine bay this afternoon. BUT I still like the leaf green, too.

Larry

nomad

Yoda
Larry: Right decision in my opinion. Something I've always tryed to consider. You drive the car in the summer when the surroundings are GREEN. IMHO, for safety, avoid green. I love the color but won't have it on my cars for that reason. Similiar with grey or silver--matches the roads. White in winter is'nt cool here. My cars are red or black currently. Black is'nt good at night if you are going to park in a dangerous place but while driving your lights are your defense.

Just me!
Kurt.

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
My initial inclination upon first reading the question was that you should do what YOU want with the car. We really don't know what you would like best as it's a question only you, the owner, can answer. When I came back to the thread and the more I thought about it I realized it's a can of worms you opened up, so you get both the informed and uninformed opinions of the group.

That said...........

IMHO, I like Leaf Green. I've told my kids never buy a yellow car because they're lemons. The cars that come from the factory painted yellow are the ones with the worst body work and yellow hides best. Primrose yellow is just "dull".

For something different, how about Steel Blue? Not a stock color but you won't see one that color at every meet like you do Red, Antique White, or BRG.

my two cents. you asked for it.

RickB

Yoda
I really like Clipper Blue.
Everybody has their own taste, mostly found in the region centered below their noses...

clipperbluemidget.JPG

OP
longbridgehealey
Country flag
Hi Bill - So we used to have our 100-6 painted in a pale - almost steel blue. Changed it when the car was wrecked to a darker blue, but we really liked the steel blue when we had it. I really liked the leaf green too, it was a hard choice. We did get a lot of opinions, and some good reasons for both colors! :driving:

Larry