• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

It Sorta Followed Me Home?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Went on a trip for a couple of days and when I returned this followed me home. It'll eventually be a total body off restoration, right now it's a barn queen. Missing a couple parts , but the wood is in perfect condition and the engine has around 10 hrs on it since a full rebuild and runs absolutely super! Why do I get into these things? My wife thinks I'm crazy, well, maybe, but I'm in with good company, right?
thconfused0031.gif

2MGTF.jpg

P3310004.jpg

5MGTF-2.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
YOU DOG!!

Why can't those things follow ME home? :cry:

Details?

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
The greatest thing about the car is the numbers all match. I've wanted a TF for years but wouldn't pay what they were going for. The previous owner made me a fare offer and the car is now in my stable. Now the hunt for parts, $$$$$ and get a few, (many), books,(I know nothing about TFs), and we'll see what happens. The wife wants to trace the car back and hopefully find the name of the original owner. It's a California car. She's good at tracing things back. I wish her luck! PJ

<span style="font-weight: bold">ENGINE STICKER.</span>
P3310016.jpg

Country flag
Mickey,

Paul didn't tell you how close he was to you when it found him. I had it waiting for him here in Ala. A very solid car. Speedo showed only 38k miles. I can't keep them all. Paul will finish it out to its former glory, maybe better.

Marv

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
OK, Marv - that's twice! First was the TR250 you snatched from my "backyard"!

So, when you gonna source me a Giulietta Spider? :wink:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Mickey, Marvin has the most beautiful AH 3000 in his stable you'd ever want to see! It's absolutely gorgeous! PJ

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Still holding out for the Alfa...

Next time you're in the neighborhood, Paul, I'll be expecting a visit!

Mickey

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Mickey, I think I pass your town when I go to Oklahoma on I-40, right? Haven't been that way since the big land slide in NC. It sure is taking some time to clean that mess up, but I understand the guys are working on it every day. 147 mile detour isn't in the books. PJ

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Very nice find. I'm a huge T-series fan myself.

What, me jealous?
grin.gif

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Looks to be a non standard colour? I see some red paint under the green? Most of the bits that are missing are no difficult to source. Do you have an original registration card from when it lived in California? How is the metal under the battery area?
Cheers,
David.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Grantura_MKI said:
Looks to be a non standard colour? I see some red paint under the green? Most of the bits that are missing are no difficult to source. Do you have an original registration card from when it lived in California? How is the metal under the battery area?
Cheers,
David.

David, It's last paint job was in 1966. Looks like it must have cost all of 25 bucks at the time as it's pretty bad and flaking off. No big deal, it's going to be striped anyway. Your right about the color, it was originally red, as I'm told, but the numbers should tell when checked. According to my information, it was purchased by the third owner back, in California. My wifes going to do a full research on the car and hope we can really see who the past owners were. The original registration card is probably lost. 55 years and moving from one owner to another and not knowing how many, no telling where it's at or even if it still exists. Can I get a Heritage certificate for this car? PJ

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Looks to be a good find, Paul. They do look lovely in red. If you do find a reg'o card, let me know and I will tell you how to read the numbers at the top. Do not think that you can get a H-cert. The records where lost in a fire way back. I did inquire about a cert for a TD, and they told me no. That is one reason that you can spray a TC any colour you would like, as there is no history. Take your time with this project, and it will provide years of motoring enjoyment in return!
Cheers,
D.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
PAUL161 said:
Mickey, I think I pass your town when I go to Oklahoma on I-40, right? Haven't been that way since the big land slide in NC. It sure is taking some time to clean that mess up, but I understand the guys are working on it every day. 147 mile detour isn't in the books. PJ

We're a bit north of I-40, on I-24; 45 miles NW of Nashville.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Nice!What color will it be?

- Doug

Country flag
Paul

When you run the numbers, you will see that the code shows it was red from the factory. Pretty sure the green is the only respray on the car.

Mickey,

Did I tell you about the two early Spiders that I looked at years ago just above you in KY. I'm sure there not there now but thats the only ones that I have run into. Will be watching.

Marv

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Nope - first I've heard of them.

Had one in New Orleans in '71, when I was in college and couldn't afford to keep it and my trusty VW.

scan0002.jpg

Problem is, they're so few and far between, and the prices are out of sight. Still hoping, though...

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Hi Marv,
Run the numbers where? I hold painted bits to show the keeper what the real colour should be.
Cheers,
D.