• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm a midget owner, but my dream car is the...

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Get back to the Midget board Kim! :nonod: this is where the big boys play
grin.gif

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Dang John. <span style="font-size: 17pt">Reel 'em in!</span> :jester: Hi Kim, pretty sure it wasn't me. I'm on the other side of the country and my Healey isn't black, but your welcome in this forum any time.

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold
Hi Kim,
I second Greg. Welcome anytime. I think our main interest is Brit cars period. Didn't even realize there were any real brand distinctions.
D

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Dave Russell said:
Hi Kim,
I second Greg. Welcome anytime. I think our main interest is Brit cars period. Didn't even realize there were any real brand distinctions.

here maybe - though I still think if you're in a bar, you're going to get a lot more action if you invite a chick to see your Big Healey than your Midget :thumbsup:

Country flag
Of course you could have it as bad as I do.... "Hey gorgeous, wanna see my Mini???" LOL :smile:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
OK - let's take it in another direction. I'm at the Christmas Party for my MG club and the other Midget owner in the club comes up and says, "you know Midget owners are the pond scum of MG owners." I said, "I beg your pardon?!" she repeats herself and proceeds to tell me how every show she's ever been to, people don't treat Midgets as real cars. Of course I protested and the conversation carries on. Not ten minutes later she comes up to me again with an "I told you so look on her face." She's talking to another member of the club. This member asks, "and what do you drive?" The answer, "a Midget." the response, "Oh, will you be getting a real MG?"

apparently, even among MG owners.... :thumbsup:

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Well, I guess you can't blame people for feeling a certain pride in the cars they own, and sometimes that pride is mis-expressed as snobbery towards other makes and models.

I just try to appreciate any collector car or special-interest car for what it is, even if it does not inspire me personally. I just visited a small collection this morning that included two 1980s-vintage Dodge-based police cars. Certainly not my thing, but nicely restored and very authentic complete with lights and sirens and decals, etc., etc. The owner is passionate and enthusiastic, and enthusiasm is contagious, in a good way!

I'm having fun these days with lots of Sprite/Spridget articles and photos for the mag. The May issue is now at the printer and has 48 pages, solid Sprite. I'm picking out the content for the June issue right now, and its 40 pages will be almost all Sprite too.

I've owned several Sprites myself, and currently own a Bugeye converted to racer and with a Speedwell Monza bonnet, so you can definitely count me among those who appreciate the Sprite/Spridget. If you're a big-Healey-only guy or gal, you have no idea what you're missing!

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Editor_Reid said:
I'm having fun these days with lots of Sprite/Spridget articles and photos for the mag. The May issue is now at the printer and has 48 pages, solid Sprite. I'm picking out the content for the June issue right now, and its 40 pages will be almost all Sprite too.

Well while <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 12pt">you're</span></span> having fun, us big Healeys are out in the cold for reading. Harumph! :jester:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Editor_Reid said:
I just visited a small collection this morning that included two 1980s-vintage Dodge-based police cars. Certainly not my thing,

I don't think the Saint ever appreciated Police Cars did he?

I on the other hand love them!

Now if we're talking racing - and my pockets were a little deeper (sigh)

https://tinyurl.com/ypqxsf :driving:

Reid, somehow im not able to account for about three years of my life, id thought those cuffs to be just a little too tight, humm... (ponderous eyes gazing skyward scratching chin)

hama61

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I fully agree with editor Reid

Every collector no matter which car he/she has got the intention to appreciate drive and or restore and last but not least to put their soul in with the "available" budget.

Once we can't appreciate what others have (maybe they have saved several years for this) than I really wonder, if that person can really appreciate his own car

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
hama61 said:
Once we can't appreciate what others have (maybe they have saved several years for this) than I really wonder, if that person can really appreciate his own car

and vice versa
and not just cars

:cheers:

Country flag
Awww, cmon.....everyone know's we LBC owners and especially Big Healey owners don't read, we have Geeves do it for us!! LOLOL JUST KIDDING!! <ducks from the barrage of rotten tomatoes and week old heads of lettuce!> Spot of tea anyone?? :smile:

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Hey, I almost forgot about this thread I started. I always look in the lowly spridget forum first and just plain forgot. So, no one claimed the black beauty. I am done with my 10 year (off and on) midget restoration and upgrade and now I need another project car, like a basket case healey :wink:

Steve P.

Jedi Hopeful
Hope you find a big Healey someday! Don't knock your
Spridget though. I have 2 big Healeys and 3 Spridgets
and the Spridgets are much more fun to drive. I know,
booo, hisss, and bah humbug. But its true! While big
Healeys are indeed fun to drive compared to most cars,
you can't take a corner in a big Healey like you
can in a Spridget. Not even close. Plus you feel
like you're going 90 mph when you're only doing 40.
My $.02

Steve