• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Auto Jumble in Portland

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'll be there.. I'll wear a gray "Lake of the Ozarks" Spridget shirt and an almond colored "Sprite-Midget Club USA" ball cap. If it's chilly out, I'll have on a black jacket with a WESTPORT 112' Yacht embroidered on the back.... .. I'm usually there by about 9:00 to 9:30....I'll be driving "the red thing". If it looks like rain, I'll have the black hard top on it.... There's a Lake of the Ozarks 50th badge in the black grill, the only black grilled SWA Sprite I've seen.

See ya there!

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
It took me a long time to gain confidence in the car. Years and years in fact before i felt comfortable taking it any distance. I carry AAA plus for 100 miles of free towing, just in case something does go wrong... It's always something........

My last trip to Canada... I noticed the horn wasn't working. When i stopped for gas, i checked the fuses, (all two!) both were fine, but I swapped one out anyway. Still I had no horn. Drove a ways and the tach quit working. A ways further and I noticed no turn signals. It was like the whole electrical system was failing, so I decided to not turn off the car no matter what until i got to where I was headed (my brother's in Bellingham) for the evening. I opened up the hood once there and saw that when I was checking the fuses, one didn't get pushed all the way in, and was just touching the contacts on one side. Enough to run the car, but not enough contact to have enough current to run anything else. Pushed it down and it all came back on...... except the horn..... When i got home from Canada a couple of days later, I got everything ready, jumper wires, fuses, ohm meter, ready to fix it. The bullet connector had pulled apart. It's the simple stuff that'll give ya fits! See ya in portland... and VANCOUVER in May?..

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
You could find one, but I don't know that I could find IT. You are not native to the area, nor am I, and I don't have a cell phone. .. We'll find one another. Best place would be along the back, near the Morris-Service table. Paul is always there. I'll check to make sure he's gonna be this year...

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
Hey Guys,
I should be there this year. This will be my first time although I've lived in Portland all my life and driven an MG for the last 14 years! I've been to the Swap Meet at PIR but never the Jumble. I'll be driving my black Midget. You'll notice it. I'm sure it's the only one in black primer with metallic blue wire wheels! :laugh: Maybe it's time I put the British Car Forum badge on my car too. The one that I won from one of Basil's Virtual Ralleys! Cheers!
JACK

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I checked with Paul A. and he WILL be there with his 5 speed conversion display. I'll be on the lookout for black and blue midget. I've never seen it at the PDX-ABFM? ..

The Autojumble is the first "event" of the new year, a sign that spring has sprung. People show up to find out how everyone has been doing over the winter and what their projects have been since Labor Day. Sometimes there are lots of sprite parts, and sometimes just a few, but its as much a social event as anything else.

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
Well, my car has only been to the PDX-ABFM one time a few years back and even then I just parked out in the general parking. Usually we have a long standing (as in since before I was born) family camping trip that we go on every labor day. One year the camping trip got cancelled and I came to the field meet but otherwise... Anyways, I'm excited to go to the Jumble this year and see what it's all about.
JACK

paulsherman

Jedi Trainee
I am coming down and plan to bring along a new (but a bit modified) fiberglass bonnet that I plan to sell. The front air intake area has a cutout where PO planned to put a oil cooler. Easily repaired.
You can e-mail me @ montpaul@msn.com if you are interested. No pictures yet as I was busy on Easter Sunday building an ARK. Usual weather for Easter in the Great Northwest.

Paul
Tacoma WA.