• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Auto maintenance software?

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendation on auto maintenance software to track maintenance, fuel usage, etc?

Scott

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
OP
HerronScott

HerronScott

Darth Vader
I've been using vehicle maintenance logbooks but too many cars (4 active and then the 4 future restoration projects which of course don't need much maintenance right now!) and it would be nice to have something on the computer to track it and even better to send me reminders!

Scott

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I have one that I have been developing and using for a few years now. I am willing to share it for non-commercial use at no charge. It is intended primarily for restoration and, although maybe a bit overkill, it will work for ordinary maintenance . You can download the users manual at https://sailok.com/enfoprefect. Scroll down a screen to a list of projects. At the end of the list is a link to the Cars Database. Click the link to open a new page with a short description of the database. On it there is a link to the manual.

There is also a link to download the application but it is currently broken and I haven't had time to fix it yet. If interested, PM me and I will send the programs. It currently has no facilities for calculating or storing fuel mileage data but that could be added fairly easily.

Oops, it seems that I have some permissions set too tight on my server. I just tried the link and it did not work. I'll try to fix that. Meanwhile, you can just type the url, "sailok.com/enfoprefect", into your browser's location field and it will let you get to the page.

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /enfoprefect/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Looks like you've got your directory listing turned off.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sorry about that Jody. I haven't figured out how to correct it yet. Have you tried just typing the url into your browser's address bar? That seems to work all right for me.

Whoopee! It looks like I may have fixed it. Please try again.

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
Bayless said:
Sorry about that Jody. I haven't figured out how to correct it yet. Have you tried just typing the url into your browser's address bar? That seems to work all right for me.

Whoopee! It looks like I may have fixed it. Please try again.

Works now! :smile:

I read through the software docs, looks pretty neat. There's certainly a lot of effort put into that software.

Jody

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks. I wrote software professionally for almost 40 years. Being retired now, I still try to keep a hand in but only when its something I want to do. Just thought it might be nice to share with my fellow car guys.

OP
HerronScott

HerronScott

Darth Vader
That looks great for managing restorations and post-restoration on a collectible car. Just need to add fuel tracking and maintenance for post-restoration (with reminders please)!

Scott

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Based on your original post, Scott, I did add fuel tracking but it is not yet documented. Usage should be fairly obvious though.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
As stated earlier, there is a known bug inthe download that I have not had time to work on. If you will PM me you email address, I will email you a copy of the software. You can get the user manual from the web page and save it.

OP
HerronScott

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Bayless said:
Based on your original post, Scott, I did add fuel tracking but it is not yet documented. Usage should be fairly obvious though.

Hey that's great, I definitely would like to give it a try!

Scott

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Finally found time to fix the web page bug. If anyone else is interested, you can download the software directly now. Use code "BCF" without the quotes, of course.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Page not available" just now.

I'll attempt again later.

Running a Linux x64 kernel here (CentOS 5.4), Firefox browser... Still should run the Java app, don't ya think?

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sorry Doc. My bad. Looks like I had a missing file. It sould work for you now. Also, I don't have access to Linux just now but I expect everything to work for you since it is a 100% pure Java app. That is, assuming I built the zip file right. Have fun with it and please do let me know if any problems.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Will do! Downloaded/uncompressed fine now. Will fuss with it later in the week. Thanks! :laugh: