• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

AARGH! & A SURVEY

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
As some of you know, I recently bought a '72 MGB from Tom Bedenbaugh...bought it to rebuild for resale....solid body, engine is clean enough to eat off, new tires, dash is very nice with new topper...body is solid & primered (floors already repaired - looks professional) & body almost ready for paint...was originally Teal Blue...wire wheels
...here's the problem: somebody has cut every butt connector out of the wiring harness!
...so, as of now, I've replaced the main wiring harness with one out of a '72 parts car (just need to pull dash to get remaineer of old harness out of car & plug up new harness), rewired headlights, park lights, front side marker lights....replaced fan motor, brake light switch, brake pressure failure switch, & both horns as they also had connectors cut off....
...I've a '73 bodyshell that's going to crusher tomorrow so I pulled the rear harness from it to use on the '72....UH-OH!...'73 has green/white wire to rear lights where '72 has blue....'73 also has red/brown wire to seatbelt warning light that '72 doesn't...now, I've gotta go pull the rear harness from my parts car & replace so wires match (don't wanna be called a DPO by next owner!)...just a minor setback but thought others might want to know: there was a change in wiring harnesses in the '71-'72 time frame & another for the '73 cars...I could plug the green/white wire into the blue & it'd work fine & could just leave the red/brown hanging but that's not the way I do things....

...so, here's your chance to help build the car...I'm gonna go back with an Autumn Leaf interior....should it go back:
(A) Teal Blue (I don't like that color)
(B) 1974 Mirage
(C) '70-'73 Bronze Yellow
(D) 1973 Black Tulip
(E) '72-'73 Mallard Green
(F) '70-'77 Glacier White

A

G

if it's straight enough black tulip. mirage if not
driving.gif

Jonnyc

Country flag
I have a '71 with autumn leaf interior, and my B is Bedouin BLVC4 (beige). It seems to be one of the rarer colors for MGB, and I think I've only seen one other in a similar color. People compliment the color all the time! Great contrast with the autum leaf interior, keeps clean, and the lighter color doesn't show body imperfections as much as a dark color. I think it looks very classy and unique! One thing though, I believe they only offered this color in 71 only (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so if you are trying to keep an original type color, this one probably isn't the best for a '72. Maybe Antelope is better.

I also like Tundra.

Check out this link to see photos of B's in various paint colors.

https://www.teglerizer.com/mgcolors/

Hmmm, looks like they need a pic of a B with Bedouin BLVC4 (beige). Maybe I'll submit mine!
smile.gif

G

What about the rare 1971 colour Bedouin. "Original MGB" page 11.

The Harvest Gold or Bronze Yellow cars at MG2003 looked sweat!!!! I never knew how good that color looked on a MGB until I saw a few in St. Louis.
savewave.gif
england.gif

[ 08-24-2003: Message edited by: David Kiehna ]</p>

Jonnyc

Country flag
Right now I only have a very old photo of my B taken almost 20 years ago! I'll post it, but it's not the best pic - it's not too bad though. Not sure how to post the pic. Do I upload it to a homepage and give a link? Any other ideas?

I have another cheap camera that still has a few shots left on a roll from a recent vacation. Maybe I'll use up the rest of the roll on my B. Probably should get updated shots anyway.
smile.gif

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I thought about adding Bedouin to the list...it is a neat color...

I'm not gonna focus on originality, just building a good looking car that's a great daily driver that somebody can own to enjoy as they make a few changes/improvements to make it "theirs"....so, original year color choice isn't important - an original MG color is!

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
Tony,

Since it is a business car, for resale, I vote for the original color...it might not be your favorite, but isn't it likely to please more potential purchasers? I kinda like it...so I vote for (A)...unless of course you go Blaze
grin.gif

Bruce

OP
tony barnhill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, it was Teal Blue with Autumn Leaf interior....but that color...uuuuuuuuuuuuugh!

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tony barnhill:

I'm not gonna focus on originality, just building a good looking car that's a great daily driver that somebody can own to enjoy as they make a few changes/improvements to make it "theirs"....so, original year color choice isn't important - an original MG color is!
<hr></blockquote>

so then why worry about the wire colors??

jester.gif

Mark

G

I am more prone to red than any other color for my car but for that color interior I would go with mallard green or yellow. Or even a darker green such as BRG.
My wife is an interior designer and she says definitely Mallard Green.

[ 08-25-2003: Message edited by: mrbassman ]</p>