• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2001 S-type Jag

Jose_Casillas

Freshman Member
My heating system in my car stopped working, it just blows room temp air, AC works well, any body has any suggestions, also my car is collecting water in the bottom of the trunck during rainy day, suggestion how to fix it?

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
I've had 3 cars in which the heater would stop working when the radiator coolant level was low.

Check the coolant level. Make sure that it is full.

If it is, find the heater hose that delivers water TO the heater (usually located at the front of the intake manifold). Try to find a place near where the hose passes through the firewall to the heater.

Then find the heater hose that returns water back to the engine (usually at the water pump). Try to find a place where the hose comes out through the firewall.

With the engine warm, feel both hoses. If both hoses are warm, you probably have good coolant flow. It one is hot and one is cold, you don't have any coolant flow.

That if you don't have flow, the problem is probably a vacuum operated coolant shut off valve in or near the heater box.

If you have coolant flow and no heat, it is probably a vacuum operatued air diverter vane located inside the heater box that is not routing the moving air through the heater core.

Can't help you too much with the trunk leak (my '05-S doesn't leak) other than to run the garden hose over the trunk lid, then slowly and carefully open the trunk and examine the rubber trunk edge gasket and see where it is wet on the inside edge.

Good luck.

Tim

Country flag
Get the garden hose and a small "friend". Have the small one get in the trunk with a flashlight. Run water around the trunk seal and have them look to see where the water comes in. One thought - also check the rear window seal.

Country flag
:lol: :lol: Yeah, what he said! Otherwise you'll have to try and describe an unusual knocking and unknown banging noise come from the area of the car's rear end... LOL

KevinB

Freshman Member
This is not related to your forum. Have you ever had a ABS code set on this model ? I have a 2000, 3.0L and the code that it sets is the rear wheel speed sensor. I was wandering if you ever had any problems like this ?

R

RonMacPherson

I recommend you call a couple dealers and good indy's for their opinions. Bosch has had problems with the ABS controller used on several lines of cars, Audi/VW, LandRover, Jaguar, Volvo, where it would code for rear wheel sensor, but actual fault is internal in the abs control module.

Whether that applies to your model, I dunno. Need to gather info from those that deal with your model regularly.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Value of a 2001 Jag S-Type Jaguar 4
W General MG 2001 MGF 1.8 Steptronic Flywheel locking tool MG 0
Popeye Engine starving for fuel before tank is empty - 2001 Audi TT Other Cars 5
Sherlock 2001/03 Mazda 3 Other Cars 8
rick_ingram Roadtrip Flashback - March 2001 MG 4
jackq 2001 Camaro vert. Other Cars 7
M SCCA Tom Patton race VHS tape[2001] Sunbeam (Rootes) 1
boeingpilot Remote Starter for 2001 Disco Rover / Land Rover 1
Keoke 1998 -t0-2001 BMW M6 roadster Other Cars 15
T Stelvio 2001 Lotus 2
H MK2 lover, but... what about an E type? Jaguar 5
D TR2/3/3A layout for lap type seat belt Triumph 5
F For Sale E Type Series II front and rear bumpers good condition Jaguar Classifieds 0
5 Wanted Wanted 1966 mgb banjo type axle rear hub MG Classifieds 0
J For Sale Bilstein Front Shocks for Jaguar E-Type 727-498-6493 Jaguar Classifieds 0
71TR6 TR6 Type-J Overdrive identification Triumph 4
B Thread Type and Size of BN2 Intake/Exhaust Studs Austin Healey 0
Editor_Reid V-12 E-Type Body Number Location Jaguar 3
M For Sale 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE Premium 2-Door Convertible for Sale mlbirk@aol.com Jaguar Classifieds 0
K TR2/3/3A The Amco chrome tube type grille ....... Triumph 9
T TR2/3/3A A type overdrive hard engagement Triumph 36
S TR2/3/3A Wedge type and Dzus type side- curtains Triumph 1
R TR6 J-Type overdrive will not disengage when warm Triumph 8
6 E-Type brake light pressure switch location Jaguar 5
A SOLD!! TR3A Girling Type A brake caliper for right front Triumph Classifieds 0
M Front caliper rebuild 1970 Series 2 E-Type Jaguar 0
M General Tech J Type OD Stuck in OD - Fixed Triumph 2
ROARRR Is there any problem swopping in a 3.0 in place of the 2.5 L engine in my Jag X Type? Jaguar 0
M General TR Source for J Type O/D Solenoid Circlip Triumph 0
M Wanted Wanted: Inoperative J Type OD Solenoid! Triumph Classifieds 2
V vintage glue type for veneer? Sunbeam (Rootes) 13
Joel Lester TR2/3/3A What type of valve to use when rebuilding the head? Triumph 10
M TR6 Gear Oil Type and how to add 1973 TR6 Triumph 9
Basil Remember the Royal Electric E-Type Electric Upgrades of All Sizes 0
S TR2/3/3A lifter type Triumph 3
1 TR2/3/3A TR3 Fuel Pump Thread Type? Triumph 4
RonC TR2/3/3A J Type Overdrive in TR3A Triumph 4
M TR6 1973 TR6 Coolant Type? Triumph 5
R TR6 Clutch Master Cylinder Hydraulic Line (Thread / Flare Type) Triumph 4
S TR2/3/3A 187 NOS sleeved type thermostat Triumph 16
Basil The new Kia E-Type? Jaguar 6
H TR4/4A A-type overdrive pump Triumph 4
Got_All_4 TR6 Refurbishing gearbox with A type overdrive Triumph 7
P Wanted E type spare tire bracket Jaguar Classifieds 2
P Wanted 62 E Type spare tire bracket Other British Classifieds 1
Got_All_4 TR6 Routing Speedo cable for a J type tranny in my TR250 Triumph 4
Got_All_4 TR5/TR250 Trying to figure out rear transmission mount with a J type tranny Triumph 9
I GT6 A type OD vs D type - engagement speed? Triumph 3
J For Sale Jaguar E Type and MK2 spares Jaguar Classifieds 0
VooDooDaddy63 Basic E-Type Question: Fasteners - Metric or SAE or ...? Jaguar 15