• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ginettas clean up at Mad Dogs and Englishmen!

racing girl

Jedi Knight
The only two Ginetta’s in Michigan finally got to meet up on Sunday at The Mad Dogs and Englishmen car show in Kalamazoo, MI. They caused quite a stir parked up side by side…. so much so that the G20 of Dave and Nika Beduil took 3rd place in its class, “Other British”, while our diminutive G15 took 2nd place in the same class! Two Ginetta’s, two trophies… not a bad day!!

This story, though, started back in May of this year when a friend emailed me photos of a Michigan plated G20 that had turned up at an autocross event near Kalamazoo. Fast forward a month to June when we were at Mid-Ohio for the British Car Showdown… one couple, whom we didn’t get to talk to and are members of the same club the G20 belongs to, took photographic evidence back to the G20 owners of another Ginetta in Michigan. Last week on a Yahoo email group, a member by the name of Greg, asked if anyone from the list was going to be at Mad Dogs… I replied we would be there in our G15… he replied saying one of their club members also had a Ginetta and would be there too… this was too much of a coincidence… I emailed back and asked if this car happened to be a silver G20 with a red interior… he didn’t know, having not personally seen the car. At the show we parked in our designated area, they parked with their car club… at opposite ends of the field! So the recon began! We found them at the same time their spies came running over to report on having found us!!, so we took our car over and parked the two Ginettas side by side, allowing the viewing public to observe 32 years of Ginetta history. Photos were taken, which will be forwarded to the Owners Club, and published here when I get my act together; and new friendships were cemented… and the tie that binds is a tiny British motoring manufacturer that most people haven’t even heard of!

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

Bret

Yoda
Very cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif – I’ve always been a sucker for these “small world” stories.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
RG:

I have seen a Ginetta twice at our local Moss Britfest shows. In fact, the owner is a registered member of this forum and I corresponded with him via e-mail several times. He hasn't posted in some time: you might want to use the BCF search function for "Ginetta"...you might find him.
Anyway, the car was a crowd-pleaser. It can be seen on this Moss newsletter site:
https://www.britishmotoring.net/bm0303/news/news.html

0303NEWS02b.jpg

OP
racing girl

racing girl

Jedi Knight
Yep,
That would be Andy (maybe Philips)????, I've conversed with him here, but as you say, he hasn't posted in quite a while. He's also a member of the owners club, occaisonally posting on their forum, but again, not for quite a while. He's British and owns a couple of different cars, including the Ginetta.... same color as the one in Michigan!

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Glad you had a good day,

Oh yeah and congrats as well.

So I assume you met up with Greg Wood, fantastic guy! I know him well via e-mail but have only met him in person two or three times. Which of his interesting cars did he bring along?