• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A TR3's at the TRA 1

luke44

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
A few pix for those who couldn't make it. Well worth the time if you are building a car - very inspirational. Wow - These cars are <span style="font-style: italic">nice</span> - and... so are the people! I took about 300 pictures which will help me in my build to solve the puzzle as to "what goes where and how" - things the parts books just can't show you. Anyway, here are a random few of my pix from the day. I think there is a limit to the number of pix per posting, so I broke it into 2. Enjoy.

71288-m-0.jpg

71290-m-0.jpg

71286-m-0.jpg

71284-m-0.jpg

71282-m-0.jpg

71280-m-0.jpg

71278-m-0.jpg

71276-m-0.jpg

71274-m-0.jpg

71275-m-0.jpg

71279-m-0.jpg

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
luke44 said:
...I took about 300 pictures which will help me in my build to solve the puzzle as to "what goes where and how" - things the parts books just can't show you.

Be careful about the "what goes where"...the owner may have it wrong, such as the red dash pic. The only gauge in the correct position is the oil pressure gauge.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
The panel layout looks right, for an earlier car without the rheostat for the dash lights. However, the rear view mirror is from a later car, so something isn't quite right.

The panel should also be finished in either vinyl or wrinkle paint ... hard to tell for sure, but that photo looks more like flat black to me.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
TR3driver said:
The panel layout looks right, for an earlier car without the rheostat for the dash lights. However, the rear view mirror is from a later car, so something isn't quite right.

I think that is an 'anti-dazzle' or somesuch Lucas mirror, probably considered a valid upgrade for the time period?

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Hey Luke- If you don't mind, I would love to see all 300 if they get onto Photobucket at some point.

Thanks
randy

OP
luke44

luke44

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
TR4nut said:
Hey Luke- If you don't mind, I would love to see all 300 if they get onto Photobucket at some point.

Thanks
randy

pm me your address and I send you a cd - it's a lot of work to upload them. A lot of pix won't be of too much interest to you - Where I am in my build is body seam tolerances. So a lot of my pix are close ups of numerous cars body seams - nonetheless there are a lot of other pix - engine bays, interiors etc. Drop me a line and I'll burn off a disc for you.

GBRandy probably has tons of great pictures too - judging from the awesome camera he had - and he was using it - a lot. :yesnod:

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
CinneaghTR said:
You did not happen to get the name of the owner of the car with TSOA American Rally of Europe plate? Very cool.

I wonder if thats the one that I saw on ebay this past year - can't be too many of those around. I think the story was it was a promotion where US buyers came over, grabbed their new cars, and participated in the rally/tour. I agree, it is very cool.

OP
luke44

luke44

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Both Andy and Randy are correct. It is original and will remain unrestored, but not original to that car. It was bought off ebay. You don't want to know the price ... :eeek:

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There Luke,

I just sent you a PM regarding the Pics of the Show.

Thanx, Russ

Lou Metelko

Jedi Trainee
Just returned from TRA's National in Wooster, Ohio and it was an excellent event. I agree with Luke that the cars at a TRA national are simply amazing with the Concours judging by far the strictest in the nation.

Wooster was one of the best but the best is yet to come because next year's edition will be in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Mark and Tonda Macy, Jeff and Nancy Kelley, Jeff Krupp and I and Priscilla are the ringleaders for 2011 and the stated goal is to produce the best of the best. Dates are again Wednesday thru Saturday preceeding Father's day.

One of the driving tours that are on the preliminary schedule is an afternoon's tour of the Auburn - Cord - Duesenberg Museum here in Auburn. Go to www.acdmuseum.org for a preview.

I will keep all up to speed as plans are formulated but for sure if you have never been to a TRA National or have not been in years, you will not want to miss 2011 TRA in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana