• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A National TR3/Baseball Tour

gsalt57tr3

Jedi Warrior
In a little over 2 years I will be retiring. Just at the begining of baseball season.

Here's the plan: I will take off from Fresno and not return until I have watched a game at every major league ballpark in the country. I also want to hit as many AAA ballparks and games as I can.

Lodging and such is not a real issue, I'm not high maintenance. Youth hostels and such work fine for me.

What I will be needing is potential ground support along the way.

Clubs and shops along the way, in addition to any shows or rallies.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I haven't, but my son, Paul, said it's a dream of his.

Let me know if you're near Nashville, home of the Sounds, the AAA team of the Brewers.

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
My place is yours when you're coming from the Twin Cities to Milwaukee....

I could probably get you some publicity, too...Old Cars Weekly News is published 2 miles from my office...I'm sure they'd take your picture and maybe run a little story on your journey...they are always looking for such nonsense

OP
gsalt57tr3

gsalt57tr3

Jedi Warrior
Thanks for the offers, I will keep them in mind for sure.

I am very familiar with the Sounds, they play the Fresno Grizzlies (AAA for the Giants).

CaptRoy

Jedi Hopeful
Sounds like a nice way to start retirement... I wish I could retire..I have an extra room here in Houston...

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
If you get an early start you can catch some Spring Training games in sunny Tucson (and Phoenix) in March. Lots of Brit Car activity in the Southwest in March & April.

OP
gsalt57tr3

gsalt57tr3

Jedi Warrior
I've been to Spring training, unfortunately my retirement won't start until early June. I am considering Spring training this year. What and when are the events?

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Seattle Mariners 1 of the best parks in the country. Late summer for the best weather.
Shows:
Bellevue ABFM July 28th Bellevue Community College
Portland -ABFM Labor Day at PIR. With 3 days of Historic racing
I prefer the Portland show usually

gjh2007

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I hope your taking the TR3 & not the Series 3, I ran a '73 for 4 years & they are killers on the highway.

If your coming to Fenway, give me a shout!

Go SOX!!

jayhawk

Jedi Warrior
The KC Royals stadium /complex is really nice and they might even have a team this year. The TR club meets the first Thursday of every month-- year round plus events in between. Over labor day is the big All British show that pulls folks from several surrounding states.

kc_doyle

Jedi Trainee
You have to take in the Brewers at the new Miller Park, and the Brooks Stevens museum isn't all that far from there.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag

TRTEL

Jedi Trainee
If you planning on doing a Cardinals game, better start figuring out which one it will be now. Grew up in St. Louis and went to games all the time in my youth and would go every opportunity when visiting town, but haven't managed to get my foot inside the new park yet. I'm guessing the capacity is down slightly from the old stadium and the new one sells out constantly. And from what I've heard take a bag of money for concessions.
Sounds like a great trip. The triple A team here is the Redhawks (Rangers) and the ballpark, which is really excellent, is in the downtown entertainment district. I'd be happy to attend a game with you. Should you have a problem, my garage is always available.

Tom Lains
TS 8651 & 58107

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
I have to admit that I am NOT a baseball fan....has a lot to do with that weasel Bud Selig and how he used to run his Ford (then Chevy) dealership.

And, when taking the commissioner's job, he introduced his daughter (the new boss) as a "hometown girl" and she had a New York city accent! Seems she's spent more time on Park Ave. then smoozing with LaVerne and Shirley at the Schotz brewery...

Anyway....I was in Detroit the last week the Tigers were playing in Tiger stadium...2000/2001? I'm NOT a fan but I AM a fan of history and architecture. I bought an upper deck ticket outside the gate for $10.00 and enjoyed a great experience.

The Tigers got beat by a terrible Florida Devil Rays team, I enjoyed(?) my first $9.00 cup of beer and a $6.00 hot dog, got to pee in a copper rain trough in a 100 year old outhouse and throughly enjoyed the entire night! Just to be in the same place where Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Al Kaline and other greats played was worth the $$$.

I would like to also visit Yankee Stadium (I almost got mugged across the street from there years ago) and The Green Monster before I assume room temperature. Again, for the total experience....and, if there's a game going on, maybe I'll just watch that, too.

A couple of years ago I got to see a Packer home game at Lambeau...even Bear fans get shivers when they first enter that place...the history just oozes from every nook and cranny. It's kinda like getting a chance to drive a ex-Sterling Moss F-1 car or tooling around in TS1....

gjh2007

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Yankee Stadium, eeeeek, puuucchhh, Big ugly place in the Bronx, now if you want a classy place there is nothing like Fenway Park; I have been on top of the Green Monster, but only on a tour, not for a game. The stadium is the the oldest park out there. The seats are cramped & columns provide many "obstructed" views, But it's a great place to see a game.

Go SOX & oh yea, watch out Peyton we're after your butt, go Pats!

Oh, check out this link!

https://www.digitalballparks.com/

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
Yankee Stadium, eeeeek, puuucchhh, Big ugly place in the Bronx,

Now THAT'S spoken like a true Red Stockings fan...hehehe

kc_doyle

Jedi Trainee
I had the great pleasure to see a game in Fenway. it was in the late 50's. Saw the Sox and Yanks. Ted and Mick, both homered that night. At the time I didn't realize what I was actually seeing. Looking back, if I had only have known.

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
If you happen to get to Cooperstown...let me know. We own a home up there we use a couple times a year..plenty big enough...seven bedrooms. The Hall Of Fame i a must on a baseball trip.