• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

VTR 2006 National Convention in Irving Texas

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Vintage Triumph Register 2006 National Convention, Hosted by the Texas Red River Triumph Club, 19-23 July 2006!

Hello Triumph Owners and British Car Enthusiasts,

Mark your calendars for 19-23 July 2006 in Irving (Dallas) Texas. This promises to be a Texas two steppin high kickin event, and our Annual General Meeting to boot.

Information and registration for the Convention at https://www.vtr2006.com, hosted by the Texas Red River Triumph Club. The featured car this year is the Triumph GT6. Come on down for some Texas southern style hospitality.

For the second year running, Triumph Stag Club USA will be sponsoring the Welcome Reception, and if you wear your antlers, I WILL BUY YOU A BEER!! Wear them all week and I will get you 24 hour access to the club kegger (provided we can locate a spot to set one up). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

We had 37 Stags at VTR 2005 and 65 members at the AGM Social Dinner filling the dining room to the walls. How many can we get to VTR 2006?

You know, EVERYTHING is always BIGGER in Texas (tell your significant other that!), which includes the number of Triumph Stags attending!! As always, I want to see 100 Stags at a National Event, git em out and herd em down the road to Texas. VTR 2006 we had the 2nd highest number of any of the models attending, outdone by a mere 4 TR6's. Imagine that!! More Stags than any other Triumph except TR6's!

This year the TSC USA is working harder to organize the Stag specific herding activities, and there will be extra special activities for our Stag ladies to go out and whoop it up without the guys and car talk.

The Omni Mandalay Hotel is a first rate venue for you to have fun in comfort, with covered parking, all the fancy stuff - spas, pools, good food.

So Register NOW and get your hotel reservations made. Remember, it costs nothing to reserve a room at the Hotel. Phone is (972) 556-0800 and (800) 843-6664 - special rate of $99 a night for a 5 star hotel room, reserve under The Red River Triumph Club VTR 2006 National Convention.
If by chance you can not attend, DON'T JUST CANCEL THE RESERVATION, put the reservation up for another club member to take so we can all herd together.

Watch the TSC USA web site https://www.triumphstagclubusa.org for club specific information, caravaning, etc. Start planning NOW - maintenance items and such, git em done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

BTW, Sue and I will be departing the 17th from the Denver area, arriving in Dallas the 18th.

See ya'll there!

Glenn Merrell
President, Triumph Stag Club USA
210 Bass Circle Lafayette, Colorado 80026-1811 USA
303-665-6040 voice and mailbox #6
303-665-7820 fax
https://www.tscusa.org
mailto:president@tscusa.org

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Greetings ALL Triumph Enthusiasts!

This is the early edition of "From da Prez" (of the Triumph Stag Club USA) so all you folks can begin final preparations to attend VTR 2006 in Irving Texas! This will also be the 4th Annual General Meeting for the TSC USA. BE THERE!!

You say you do not know WHEN it IS??
Dates are July 19-23 2006.

You say you don't know WHERE it IS?
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, Irving, Texas 75039 (just north west of Dallas)
(972) 556-0800 or
toll free (800) 843-6664. Discount Reservations end on July 4 2006 so RESERVE NOW!!

You say you don't have any information?
https://www.vtr2006.com

And no whining that it is going to be "too hot" either!! Woosies don't drive Triumphs, they drive MG's!

Besides, the 4 star Omni Mandalay Hotel and Resort definitely has more than adequate air-conditioning, ice in their drinks, ice cold beer, cool verandas and soothing swimming pools to keep you more than comfortable during the whole event. Evenings will be in the 70 - 80 degree ranges, absolutely perfect for taking those drives with the top down.
Besides, do you attend the event for the destination or for the people and cars?!?

Last year VTR 2005 was held in Rockford Illinois, the drive to was in record heat, and Rockford - well I have been to BETTER destinations. But we did not go for the venue, we went for the people and the cars. Had it not been hosted by ISOA, we would NOT have attended.

VTR 2004 was in Richmond Virginia. Many drove through record heat, and yes the venue was nice, but most went for the people and the cars. Had the Richmond Triumph Register not hosted the event, we would not have driven 4200 round trip miles in the Stag!!

VTR 2003 was in a Pennsylvania manure field cow pasture for Goodness sakes!! In the rain! WITH FLIES!! And it was hot, smelly AND HUMID!! Oh sure, you went for the venue? No, you went for the people and the cars. (yes, and some of you MG drivers probably went to roll naked in the field - we have the photos!)

The point is, the Red River Triumph Club in Texas is prepared to provide some of the very best Texas style southern hospitality EVER!
If you do not attend this 2006 VTR National Convention 19-23 July in Irving Texas, you will regret missing all the fun, not to mention the great people of the Red River Triumph Club, and the cars.
Hop out of the car into the shower and some fresh clothes, grab a cold beer and you will forget the heat in an instant. Wear your Stag Antlers and I'LL BUY YOU A BEER!!

And that Omni Hotel and River Walk!! It has got to be THE BEST venue for a VTR National Convention, EVER! It is located near the Mandalay Canal, complete with River walk, shopping, dining, and Venetian water taxis, 10 miles from Grapevine, Texas, home to Grapevine Mills Mall, Bass Pro Shop (and an excellent restaurant/brewery), as well as a quaint downtown shopping district and wineries. Covered parking and trailer parking are provided for registered vehicles.

So make your plans NOW to git on down to Texas, kick up your heels, and have some Texas Style fun!

See ya'll there!

Glenn "da Prez" Merrell

OP
StagByTriumph

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Here is a reminder for VTR 2006, 19-23 July in Las Colinas TX, suburb of Dallas!
Be there!

G

If a small-town boy can negotiate that Dallas traffic pulling a car hauler, I'll be there.

Bill

txtr3

Country flag
I'll be there. And I've seen some of the planning the RRTC folks have put into this convention, and I know it's going to be a lot of fun.

Once you get here, all the driving events will be away from the major traffic.

But getting to Las Colinas... just try to avoid any of the major highways during rush hours (especially Hwy 114 and I-635).

--Jiri

G

[ QUOTE ]

But getting to Las Colinas... just try to avoid any of the major highways during rush hours (especially Hwy 114 and I-635).

--Jiri

[/ QUOTE ]

By my guesstimate, that should be any time between 6:00am and 8:00pm, right. I am just gonna dive in with both feet, I plan on hitting the traffic at high noon....

Bill