• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

VTR nationals

bigbadbluetr6

Jedi Trainee
I have just returned from my trip from Richmond Virgina from the VTR's car show. I was just wondering if any other Triumphers made the trip this year? I rode with a guy in his 63 TR4 and we drove every bit of 3000 miles. Since there was close to 250 cars there I'm sure someone else on this forum was present. Next year the show is in Rockford, Ill. Just wondering if anyone made the show.
Eric
73 TR6

BevCox

Freshman Member
Yes, I was there..put my 73 TR6 in the show but left before any awards. Good Show, I understand the number of cars was more like over 350. I really enjoyed the networking, lots of information networking.

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I was there along with 15 other Triumph Stags for a total of 16 Stags. The Triumph Stag Club USA held our Annual General Meeting (east) on Thursday, then attended the dinner run and ice cream run with 7 Stags all in convoy. Our Club Group photo was along side the SR-71 right wing, w-a-y c-o-o-l.
RTR does an excellent job of running their events whether national or regional events, my hat is off to them and their efforts. Thanks RTR for an excellent show.
Remember, VTR 2005 is in Rockford Illinois next year, our club goal for the featured car, the Stag, is 100 Stags. BE THERE!

Also, Triumphest is in Lake Tahoe NV Sept 30-Oct 3 this year, BE there TOO! This will be a TSC USA AGM west meet!

V

vagt6

At the risk of being redundant, I'll post this again for everyone's benefit. Yes, it was a fabulous show:

The National VTR show in Richmond last Saturday was memorable, and an all-Triumph show. There were too many beautiful Triumph cars to count. The show was held outdoors on a perfect day at the VA Aviation Museum, near the Richmond Int'l Airport. It's an impressive museum with lots of antique and historic planes including a Spad WWI fighter; a Wright Flyer replica; a '27 Bellanca; a Curtiss "Jenny", a SR7 Blackbird supersonic fighter; Richard Byrd's 1927 Antarctic expedition plane, etc.

Among the galaxy of Triumphs: 6 GT6s, including a pristine '73 MK III GT6 from Texas that looked like it had never been driven. Also: 4 Triumph Italias, all perfect and lovely; a like-new, black Sports Six convertible, very sexy & rare; TONS of Spitfires; scores of TR2s, TR3s, TR4s and TR250s; a zillion TR6s, many TR7s and 8s; a Triumph 2000; an immaculate, red Jaguar XK120 (to die for!); a few
Heralds, a perfect 1948 Triumph sedan, and much, much more.

The Richmond VTR Chapter deserves tremendous credit for a highly organized and exciting show. Everything went smoothly and the highlight was a fly-in by a 1940 MK XII Supermarine Spitfire fighter. The mighty roar of its smooth and powerful Rolls Royce Merlin V-12 was a real thrill.

A few of my photos are posted here. Thanks to Jim Holmgren for the host site: https://www.littlebluespitfire.com/gallery/vtr04

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Great photos, including the aircraft!

Saff

Hi, Mark -

If you're talking about the red GT6 from Austin, TX, I know what you mean. (Owner is Richard S... - Italian sounding name.) That car makes me crazy every time I see it, especially because I know for a fact that he drives the heck out of it. He's owned it since it was 1 year old, so that would be 30 years. I really don't know how he manages real life and still keeps his car looking like that.

At our regional VTR last year, I watched him park the car at concours and clean INSIDE the treads. Then, he rolled the car 2 feet forward so he could get the spots where the tread was touching the asphalt for the initial cleaning.

It is by far the prettiest GT6 I have ever seen. Hats off to Richard.