• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Triumphest 2010 pix --Better late than never?

MCNX_BFF

Hi, Everyone! :savewave:
Long time no "see". I have missed checking in on the BCF and knowing what is going on in your LBC neck of the woods. Thanks for the e-mails, list posts, etc. In a nutshell--Spidey is awesome; Beastie is at a standstill; my life has been bezerk! :nopity: See? Basically, you are caught up! LOL.
When you get a chance, take a looksie at some of my pix from Triumphest in DelMar. The link to photobucket is at the end. I am including a little write up that I did for my club's submission to the British Marque Paper. It's a quick and easy read. Hope you enjoy the article and the pix. See ya on the forum soon. Hopefully, with some semblance of regularity. Huggz! --Monica

<span style="color: #6600CC">Registration? Check. Reservation at the Hilton? Check. Suitcase, car detailing bag, and display? Check, check, check. All-important AAA card with upgraded towing services? Absolutely check!

With all necessities “wedged” into the TR7, my journey to Triumphest 2010 began. This trip to Del Mar would be the longest drive I have undertaken in Spidey since I purchased him in Sherman Oaks 2 years ago. Although I eagerly anticipated this trip, I wasn’t too jazzed about being the lone VBAC member attending as our club’s car show was slated for the same weekend. Geesh! Who planned that?! (wink). Nonetheless, the lure of joining old friends from last year’s Triumphest and the opportunity to meet a few online friends proved stronger than my apprehension of driving alone for such a distance. I put on my big girl panties (Uh-oh, can I say panties?), filled up the gas tank, said a prayer, and was on my way.

Since I had never driven in the rain, I was pleased that Spidey’s windshield wipers actually functioned properly and that Rain-X really does work. With the exception of a torrential downpour as I entered the Grapevine, the drive was quite enjoyable and Spidey drove like a champ amongst the modern cars and the monstrous 18-wheelers. The 4 hamsters under the bonnet hardly complained! In fact, we made it to Del Mar covering 303 miles on 1 tank of gas in 5 hours. Feel free to “Oooh and aaaah” now.

Yes, there were hospitality parties, lunch and dinner outings, timed ralleys, scenic drives, and even autocross (I can neither confirm nor deny my expertise or lack thereof). Those were great events, but for me it is all about the cars and their owners. Strangers are just friends waiting to happen, after all. Cars continued to trickle in all day Thursday. By the evening, the Hilton’s parking lot was filled with approximately 100 Triumphs of all colors and types. A true Triumph wonderland with each model beautifully represented. Of course, since I am an Equal-Opportunity ‘Rumpher, I loved them all! I must, however, give special kudos to Gary Cooper and his gorgeous ’47 1800 Roadster; it is a rare and gorgeous car. The TR10 Saloon? I love its quirkiness and that it was a one-of-a-kind at the Funcours.

And then, of course, the Wedges…I do have a penchant for those now, don’t I? Imagine my excitement when I realized I was not the only Spider! Fred Strong (Triumph Travelers), Jan and Kathy Orlow (TR of So Cal), and Colleen McKay of Baltimore, MD, all had fine examples of this limited edition; I was in Spider Nirvana! John Manske (Fox Cities British Car Club) is also a Spider owner and flew in from Wisconsin to share in this event with us. In the spirit of Spiderpals, I let him drive Spidey and will remember to wear a Depends next time. Giggle. Other noteworthy Wedges: John Mangan (Tyee auto Club from Washington) is the original owner of his 30th Anniversary Edition with a paint job that made this grown woman drool! Jim Morrison from Arizona trailered in his beautiful Carmine Red TR7, Allen Cox’s TR8 brought out a little chrome envy in me. The rumble of Todd’s TR7V8 conversion made my heart beat faster as it zoomed by. Aaaah, it was absolutely wonderful to be surrounded by fellow Wedgeheads….I wasn’t alone anymore. Until next year, Friends. –Monica

“A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles” –Tim Cahill</span>

https://s578.photobucket.com/albums/ss226/MCNXBFF/Triumphest%202010--Del%20Mar/

OP
MCNX_BFF

MCNX_BFF

Tom, 5 hours was awesome time considering I went straight down I-5 and hit LA around 4ish. Perhaps not impressive to some, but I was thrilled! Smartypants, Tom, just admit it...a little wowed? :yesnod: Heehee.

Clay, the car in that link is quite possibly the look Todd is striving to attain. The stripe, wheels, roll bar, and of course, the Lambo doors being hallmark features in common. His car is more of a work in progress, but with his enthusiasm, it is just a matter of time (and $) before he gets it pretty close to the one in your link.

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
MCNX_BFF said:
Tom, 5 hours was awesome time considering I went straight down I-5 and hit LA around 4ish. Perhaps not impressive to some, but I was thrilled! Smartypants, Tom, just admit it...a little wowed? :yesnod: Heehee.

Hey! Wasn't giving you a hard time, you asked for an ooohh and yahhhh, so I gave you one. :laugh:

The first big trip is always a BIG deal, and believe me I know that "Ok, Ok, come on. Just 100 more miles. So far so good, fingers crossed, hey, what was that noise? Nothing, that noise was nothing. She is running great so stop over thinking it and just enjoy it...." feeling.

I am both impressed and happy for you!