• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

VTR / Triumphest

GilsTR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The counter shows 37 days until VTR / Triumphest being held on
the beautiful Central Coast of California. Last word I had there were a good number coming from out of state. Sounds like they have done a great job to marry the two show formats
into one special week. There will be the full concourse show and the funcourse showf. This is beautiful country along the
coast to drive our great cars.
Are you planning on coming?
Gil
1960 TR3A
https://www.vtr-triumphest-2009.com/

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I certainly hope so!

But that means I'd better get off this computer and out working on the car :laugh:

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I second that Randall, but I do hope to be there.

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hello Travelers to Triumphest / NATC 2009:

ONLY 36 DAYS to TRIUMPHEST / North American Triumph Challenge 2009 in San Luis Obispo California!!

I am completing my plans for caravaning to Triumphest / NATC 2009 from Colorado. In the past we have traveled solo in the Stag and had some pretty spectacular drives I reported on over the years. This one should not be any different.

At present I am planning on a two day drive from Lafayette Colorado to San Luis Obispo California, and the moss don't grow under the wheels of this Stag! Get there, unpack and get with the program.

Basic route is approximately 1200 miles; out of Denver west on I-70 through the Colorado Rockies to I-15 in Utah, south through Las Vegas then west to Barstow California, :banana: spice it up a bit and take CA HWY 58 west to CA HWY 223, CA HWY 166 (maybe a photo op at ButtonWillow track) across the mountains to Santa Maria, then north on 101 to Pismo Beach.

I want to depart Colorado on either the 27th or 28th of September at the latest to arrive in Pismo the 29th.

:driving: There is a large caravan of Triumphs planning to travel with the TTA STTAG and John Macartney from Monterey CA the morning of the 30th down 1A and I'd like to meet up with them about San Simeon on 1A late morning on the 30th to make the grand finale arrival drive into SLO.

Comments and ideas?

--
Glenn Merrell
TSN Admin
https://www.triumphstag.net
mailto:StagByTriumph@triumphstagclub.org

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
If anyone's coming thru Eureka,please contact me.

- Doug

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
AngliaGT said:
If anyone's coming thru Eureka,please contact me.

- Doug

Anyone know how we can get Jay Leno involved in the tail end of this drive in his TR3, maybe even see if he wants to add the TTA Stag to his collection for a generous contribution to the charity?

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The most direct route for me would be thru LA. I'm afraid if I went thru San Diego I might not leave.

OP
G

GilsTR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Doug...From Ukiah we have 2 cars. The 3B will drive out of
town Tuesday...stop half way...with Wednesday pm arival.
The 3A on trailer will leave Ukiah Wed @ noon...wed pm arival.
Hope you travel safe.
Gil

Murray

Is anyone coming around or through Chicago on their way to VTR? Three of us (TR3A, TR4, TR4A) are leaving sometime on Friday, Sept. 25.

Murray

6TTR3A

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Looking forward to meeting the FORUM group ! Come by & say Hello. I (probably) have the ONLY KELLY GREEN engined & upholstered TR3A at the 'Fest. The Concours people think I'm nuts, but HEY!!

See Ya there !
FRank Conklin

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Here is an offer:

Susan and I are staying in Pismo Beach at the BW Shore Cliff Lodge about 15 minutes from SLO.

Every evening, just before sunset, gather with us on the BW lawn above the cliffs near the cliff Gazebo with some beverage and snacks for a California Coast tradition: Stop and watch the sun melt into the ocean. Bring your chairs and conversation and listen for the sizzle.

The only night we will not watch the sun set is probably Saturday night of the Awards Banquet, but the 29th, 30th, 1st and 2nd, we sure will, pretty much regardless of what else if going on.

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hi All,

As you may know, Triumphest / North American Triumph Challenge 2009 in San Luis Obispo California is the completion of this epic first of a kind drive in any Triumph, possibly for any car. This completion is, by the countdown clock on the Triumph site https://www.vtr-triumphest-2009.com/ about 26 days as of this posting.

As John heads toward Calgary Canada and his drive becomes overall shorter in the TTA Stag as he nears the completion point, I am very pleased to learn tonight that the VTR will once again support this drive by having John and Liz Macartney as their Honored VIP Guests at Triumphest / NATC 2009. So, registration request resolved!!

On behalf of John and Liz Macartney, and as the Coordinator of the Triumph Trans America Charity Drive 2009, I would like to express my sincere thanks to the VTR Board for this generous response, and all the support along this historic drive.

Speaking about epic drives - and not to discount in the least the pretty darn good ones this drive has seen to date, but Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club in the San Francisco Bay area are planning a Gran Finale drive down 1A from Monterey to SLO on the morning of 30th of September. What a fitting finale for TTA and a great kickoff for Triumphest / NATC 2009!!
All in the planning stages right now, but this will be one of the great drives of this year covering over 150 miles of California coastal drive down the famous California Scenic Highway 1A.
If you are driving out to Triumphest from anywhere north, east, or close from the south, THIS is the drive you need to meet up with to complete your arrival to SLO. You have 26 days to complete your route planning to include this route.
Miss it, and you will be hearing everyone else talking about how excellent it WAS ... all during the show.

BTW, some rooms are sporadically coming available in the booked host hotel and overflow, so check with the host club organizers on a regular basis and don't forget to get your registration in NOW!
And regalia orders must be received by NOON FRIDAY the 4th of September! So get your orders in and PAID to the host club NOW!

Got more time? Met up with John in Western Canada, Vancouver, Washington, Oregon and take the 1A drive of a lifetime with the other great Pacific Coast Triumph / VTR clubs! Just PLEASE, make your own arrangements, this is not an organized prepaid drive!

Stay tuned! Gran Finale details will be posted on the TTA web site and Triumph lists soon!

--
Glenn Merrell
Triumph Trans America Charity Drive 2009 Coordinator
TSN Admin
https://www.triumphstag.net
mailto:StagByTriumph@triumphstagclub.org

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Sadly, I had to give up the dream about a week ago and canceled the hotel. Wasn't going to have a car there (at least a fun car), and my better half just had foot surgery so getting around is a little tough right now. But this sure looks like it is going to be a fun event,and I'm sorry I won't get to meet face to face with y'all this time.

Have a great time!
Randy

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
TR4nut said:
Sadly, I had to give up the dream about a week ago and canceled the hotel.
Then I may have gotten your room. Thanks!

I'll be there, but if I don't get my derriere in gear, the project TR3 may have to stay home. It certainly won't be a show car anyway, but it would be nice to run in the autocross & rally.