• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

PVGP-2010

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I'm leaving for the 2010 Pittsburgh Vintage at BeaveRun in less than 36 hours.
Right after physical therapy.
grin.gif

Usually takes us about 7 or 8 hours to get there. I wish I could hang around Pittsburgh for the entire week and run the "street race" in the Shenley Park (in the middle of the city) the following week.......but the Shenley event is reserved for older cars, and mine is too new. Next year, I will run the A35 in both events.

It'll be a super busy weekend.

We'll come home late Sunday night, unload the van and take the car off the trailer. Monday morning, I'll bring the trailer over to our Summer house and then drop the van off at our local body shop to get the fender bender fixed (it happened about 3 weeks ago....the other guy's insurance just sent me a check).
Linda will pick me up at the body shop and we'll make a 6 hour run down to Rehoboth Beach, Del in the Accord.
We'll be there for the week.
I'm bringing plenty of sunscreen, my laptop, my guitar and a few good books. :cooler:

The trailer (with car on-board) will fit inside my new garage, which is sort of handy for a quick getaway Thursday morning.
pre-pvgp-2010.jpg

~2009 PVGP~

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Nial--

I'm sending you a PM.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Nials -

Have a great time, I'm so envious wish we had more road tracks here in the NW.
Your new home looks very cool too. Do you have room for any why were'd
racers from the west? I'd like to do Sebring someday.

Dougie

My boy Fred McConnell is up there, I was supposed to be there, but Fred's wifey decided this was to be a "family race" which is no biggie, it is the closest race to thier home. So go look up my buddy, black MGB #40, thats my motor and carbs under the hood, give him ole hello, sorry I didn't get up there to meet you. Maybe Summit Point next year.

D

DougF

I was at BeavRun on Sunday. Looked for your car but didn't see it in the race.
Great day for watching cars, probably a little warm for driving.

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Hi All!
I'm at the beach this week (Rehoboth Beach, Del), so I've been busy "power-lounging". :jester:

Dougie: Like you, I'm hoping to run Sebring someday (I'm pretty sure Micheal O. has done it in his Elva....right Micheal?)

I had a great time with the school and the Saturday event at BeaveRun, but I killed a ring and pinion late in the day. This is the second time I've lunched a ring and pinion at BeaveRun. Since I'd already had some good sessions and we were heading for the beach anyway (after dropping off the race car in NJ), I just hung around on Sunday to shoot some photos and took off early. One of the guys offered me a 4:22 (mine's a 3:9) but I'd already had a good time, and crawling under my car to do a diff swap in dusty field ain't my idea of fun.

I have tons of photos I'll post later. Sorry I missed some of you guys....I was busy with the Driver's Committee (we has a few "incidents")

Fred: Nice video! A bit faster than mine! :laugh:

Meanwhile, here's one video I have handy:

G9Vwizc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Nial--

Good video and fine driving as always. It looks like you had a great Spridget field. Sorry to hear about the diff--I always bring a spare as I have torn up a few or snapped a rear axle more than a few times.

I have done Sebring three times--missed last year due to illness--but am already making plans to go back this coming March. It is loads of fun--though the seat time is minimal (one practice, one sprint and one enduro)the overall experience is just a blast. If you are thinking about doing it start making accomodation plans now.

Enjoy your sand chair and watch out for the Great Whites--they are actively organized this year and are looking to get even!

ThinkRacing

The track is near, or in Beaver Falls, PA. Pretty part of Pennsylvania. Great facility. I had never been there before and found it quite enjoyable.

Thanks Hap. I enjoyed the track. YouTube videos helped learn the line before actually getting there, but it is hard to appreciate the elevation change via camera. There is a blind apex that I never quite found, but overall great for our small bore cars.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Actually not *in* Beaver Falls, more like th' bustlin' town of Koppel. :smirk:

...anybody wanna buy a house a few klicks north of it? :jester:

Two-stall detached shop, 25'x25'. Heated, too!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I want to.....will you take a check?Trust me!

- Doug

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Hey, thanks for the heads-up on the photo link!

I just looked through the My Laps results and I can only find him listed as "DNS" (Did Not Start). Obviously, I took pictures of him out there, so I'm not sure what happened....maybe transponder issue.

There's no charge to review results on My Laps but you have to have a transponder # to register.

https://www.mylaps.com