• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Thanks Tom B.!!!

Joe Reed

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
We all enjoyed the little gathering at your shop today - not to mention learning a few tech tips from "The Master"
grin.gif
David Maples easily wins the long distance award, but Tony Barnhill, Mickey Richaud, John Weiner also made the trek to Memphis. David Kiehna, his dad Larry, me, and (of course) Tom B. were there as well.

Tony will be along later with some better pics, but I put a couple on the web HERE in case anyone else wants to see.

[ 08-15-2003: Message edited by: Joe Reed ]</p>

G

Thanks to Tom Bendenbaugh for the FREE major tune-up and tech tips! Thanks to Joe Reed for the BBQ! It was great to meet Mickey, David, JDW, Tony & Wife. Hope this can become an annual event!!

Hope everyone makes it home ok.

Oh, Tony the MG Guru drove a Mercedes!!!! He will have to drive an air-conditioned MGB GT next time.

DavidMc

Freshman Member
That is a great picture on your site of the Midget with all the snow on it!!

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
Very cool guys, nice to see what you look like. Wish I could have been there, but I was enjoyed 90 degree weather driving around the hills of Saratoga, NY! I definitely could have used the tech tips!

Kim de B

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks for posting the photos! Almost like I was there. (Well, not really, but still good to see the photos)

You know, once you put photos up on the internet, you can post them right here in your message:

081503a.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Joe -

Thanks to you for bringing lunch. I enjoyed meeting a few of the folks on the Forum.

Tom -

Thanks for the mini seminar on front end and brake rebuilds. It'll come in handy when I get to that point.

Mickey

Tom Bedenbaugh

Jedi Hopeful
This more what you expected.
vwp

WELL I GIVE UP. Gary check your e mail

[ 08-17-2003: Message edited by: Tom Bedenbaugh ]

[ 08-17-2003: Message edited by: Tom Bedenbaugh ]

[ 08-17-2003: Message edited by: Tom Bedenbaugh ]</p>

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, guys...you've outdone me, that's for sure! I'll get my photos up this am....
Yep, great time was had by all...Joe Reed ventured down some of Memphis' streets "that you don't wanna get caught in after the sun goes down" to bring some of the best BBQ I've eaten in a while - along with all the trimmings - & beer, soda & water - THANKS, JOE!....David Maples made the long trek all the way from Augusta, Georgia in his MGB GT to win the longest drive award! NO AC either!! Mickey Rouchard made it a family affair bringing his wife, son, son's finacee & granddaughter...great folks all! And, the Kiehna's - David & Larry - made it a 2-MG family appearance - both with immaculate cars! Tom put on a couple of great tech sessions along with answering individual questions (thanks for the tip on solving my front beam bolt problem, Tom)!

And me? Well, after switching from my plan to drive the Sonoma because the idiots at the garage drained my electrical system, blew 2 fuses & melted a plate in my battery while installing my electric brake controller (NO, I don't know how!), Jerri & I drove the 380SL...from Tom's we did the "Faulkner" thing in Oxford, MS for our 34th anniversary celebration - it was also opening weekend at Ole Miss so we got involved with some of the campus shenanigans (man, we drove down fraternity/sorority row to find our houses & realized Greek kids must now all be rich as there were nothing except SUV's & expensive sportscars! Heck, our daughter parked an old Karmann Ghia behind her sorority house! &, Jerri walked! times they are a'changin')
...now, I get to return to Tom's this week to pick up the '72 MGB I'm buying from him!

GTsRFine

Jedi Hopeful
Thanks
Tom - for the great tech session
Joe - for the BBQ & drinks
All - for the great time

The GT is due for a rest & a new gasket on the side covers
Total mileage - 1175.2

Tony - betcha dollars to doughnuts that they confused the auxillary power wire with the ground wire because they followed color coding instead of looking at the labels on the plugs.

[ 08-18-2003: Message edited by: GTsRFine ]</p>

David Terhune

Wish I could have attended..looks like great company! I was "down South" this weekend but on the wrong end of KY.. great pictures..
frown.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
PHOTOS:
tomb1.jpg

tomb2.jpg

tomb6.jpg

tomb7.jpg